Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The path of Truth, then Love

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Poor game design, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

If you pick the path of Truth, you're teleported to Soltown when you leave Blood River.

However, when you go to Solace Bridge to begin the path of Love, the little girl that you're supposed to help is already dead, a skeleton next to the corpse of a zombie.

So now when you talk to her mother in Soltown, she will not give you a quest because she is only wanting answers about her daughter. A daughter you know nothing about (Starting in Blood River) but are now blocked from helping her mother.

Alexander, Net and Xander Xavier like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As noted elsewhere this is by design.

3. Drocis the Devious

Ok, thanks for letting me know (again). I remember something about this now.

4. Drocis the Devious

Just remembered, doesn't Abigail teach backflip though?

So how do you get backflip if you don't help her daughter? You just lose out because you picked path of truth?

5. Lum the Mad

We're going to add another NPC to learn backflip from in an upcoming patch.

Alexander and Net like this.
  6. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Separate issue when starting on Truth then going to Soltown: Evans the guard assumes I have come from Solace Bridge (Edvard supposedly told him so) and that I already know about the undead attack there... 'tis just a little confusing

Net likes this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

*cries a little* But I like all the starting battle scenes. And I want to save people.

Alexander likes this.
  8. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

That answers my question then concerning why the 'Battle of solace bridge' was already over after arriving from Highvale. Too bad :-(

Net likes this.
  9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I get it is by design (that you cannot complete the quest), but it has thrown guildies off for over an hour trying to complete. It really should not allow us to even get the quest. Or maybe give some small XP for telling her that her daughter perished. Because you can speak to Edvard in Solace and mention Charlotte, he will tell you she is dead. And Abigail DOES say she wants to learn her daughter's fate, whatever it is. Just an FYI.

EDIT: Upon reflection, could you confirm whether or not the plan was for one Avatar to be able to complete all three quest paths? This is what some of my guildies think and I would like to correct that line of thinking. I am hoping one Avatar can, because I am not an ALT player and would like to do all three. Also, and this is just rumor, someone mentioned they thought all 3 paths would converge is a super quest once the 3 path quests are completed by one Avatar.

10. Lum the Mad

We'll try to do something like this. What you're seeing is the remnants of an earlier quest that no longer exists (since we moved Charlotte from where she used to be)

Yes, you will be able to complete all three quest paths (and in fact once you finish one you are asked to do the others). You just won't be able to complete all three tutorials.

Not a rumor! We've talked about this before publicly - all three paths converge into an ending sequence.

FYI the current status of the main quest paths:

Path of Love: content complete, though requires polish and side quests along the way
    Path of Courage: *mostly* content complete, significant bugs exist.
    Path of Truth: not yet complete, can follow up to Vertas though there are significant bug and polish issues
    Episode 1 Finale: not yet begun

BluntedJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.