The Plains Encounter that Wouldn't End

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spero Gottskraft, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spero Gottskraft

Spero Gottskraft Avatar

Good Evening All,

I've decided that my Avatar is too attentive, and we may need to have him learn to focus. After taking a break after defeating some skeletons, I decided to stay the night. I mean, lightning rarely strikes twice in the same spot right!? Well, I woke up to day and wanted to go adventuring. Wouldn't you know it, something caught my attention four times in a row in the same spot. Not sure if you guys notice, but these skeletons and bandits love their "old familiar places." I had to stop hacking and slashing because it wasn't fair...and I was overloaded with rusty swords and stuff.

Not a bug, but an observation! Stay Classy Avatars!

Spero

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Once you get sucked into an encounter, the NPC vanishes from the world map. However, it's very likely that another NPC might spawn while you're fighting in your current encounter. If you leave an encounter immediately then you won't get sucked into another (in the same area).

3. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I've had 3 in a row before. It was frustrating because I was trying to logout but can't resist another few hundred gold.

4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Happens quite often to me. Zoned out of Serp foothills and before i could blink i was sucked into random....cleared it out....stepped out into another. This happen 4 times in a row. Finally i got done with them all...went to Knighmare Falls across the road unloaded all the stuff and then zoned out and into another random. So not sure what keeps triggering that one spot between those two places but it can get crazy sometimes. Zoned into KF just as a seige hit too one day...that was a bit shocking to say the least.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

When I leave Dara Brae to the overland map, I am paused for a bit where the game won't let me
    Move and lo And behind a roving encounter runs up and get me every time. :)

No chance to run.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I have had this happen, but in all honesty I don't really mind it. Like @Parson Barr mentioned, it's an easy way to "farm" gold quickly. :D

Spero Gottskraft and chuck5086 like this.
  7. chuck5086

chuck5086 Avatar

If you log out or hang out in an encounter for to long, when you try to leave the encounter you're attacked again on the OW map. I kind of enjoyed it that one night I was hunting bandits. But then I was done and had a hard time getting out too. Lol

Spero Gottskraft likes this.
  8. Spero Gottskraft

Spero Gottskraft Avatar

I'm with you both, but I start feeling bad for the guys...or skeletons. I mean, they're doing their thing, raping an pillaging and here I come along, noticing them along the way, and boom! Dead. I love being an Avatar, these poor suckers only get one life to live and then they end up undead...and broke. ;)

Spero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.