1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68006] Oracle claims protection restored while the player in guild war or PvP led group

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by CatherineRose, Jun 10, 2020.

1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

06/10/2020 08:52
    Title: The PVP tag still showing even after I went to Oracle to restore protection
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I taged PVP yesterday and went to oracle at the end of day to restore protection. Today the tag is still showing after my name no matter where I go . I went to oracle again to restore protection but she said she is already protecting me. How to remove the tag?
    Steps to Reproduce: Log off, log on, go to various locations
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 16255
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.1229.Date.06.03.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Devil's Lair
    Area Display Name: Devil's Lair
    Loc: (122.1, 38.0, 145.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxEZXZpbCdzIExhaXJ8KDEyMi4wOTEsIDM4LCAxNDUuMjA0KXwoMCwgLTAuMTA0LCAwLCAtMC45OTUpfDM3Mi4xODkzfDE3Ljc1MDE5fDQuNDc2ODU1

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

No, Yesterday I was when I first tagged but then I left party and went to the Oracle and requested protection. Since that time, even tho I again went to the oracle and requested protection to be restored , I have remained tagged.

Anpu likes this.
  4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Alley Oop I must apologize for sending this bug report. I just found out this afternoon that my guild is in guild war with another guild which will last for a few days. That means that I am automatically flagged PVP until the war is over.

Thank you Alley Oop for offering the suggestion that it would be good to post the information that a particular guild or guilds are at war and will be flagged PVP until the war is finished. :)

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

to devs: we discussed it privately and i suggested
    having a pop-up show at login like the login rewards pop-up, so a previously uninformed player can make a choice of where to load before they enter the game in a vulnerable location unprepared, and/or
    having the oracle mention current guild war status if there is one when flagging/unflagging.

Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  6. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Bug/Improvement# 68006 created.

Bug:
    The player is told by the Oracle that they are under her protection when they are really still in PVP because the player is in a party where the leader is flagged as PvP -or- if the player's guild is in a guild war.
    -> The Oracle should advise the player that they will not un-flag for PvP at this time because: <reason> (party, Guild war, Shardfall, Ruins, or otherwise flagged scene, etc) and the unflag will take effect when they are no longer in that state.

The visual [PVP] indicator on the player's tag should indicate if the player is in a temporary PvP state. Like [Temp PvP]

Improvement Request portion:
    A. Having a pop-up show at login like the login rewards pop-up, so a previously uninformed player can make a choice of where to load before they enter the game in a vulnerable location unprepared.
    *and*
    B. have Oracle remind the player they are in a forced PvP state due to (party, Guild war, etc) when they talk to the Oracle (not requiring that they ask about protection) as a reminder of their PvP exposure.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Anpu likes this.