The quest buffs starting to feel like running through Sieges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halfwitte, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

The new buffs are great and doing the quest/puzzle the first time was ok, but now having to do the same old quest every three days is becoming a great deal like having to run through a siege just to get into town to sell your stuff or drop stuff off at the bank or just to do some shopping. Vendor shopping is bad enough having to run through multiple towns to try and find the thing you're looking for after checking countless vendors, but to have to run through a siege nearly every town you enter and go through 2 extra load screens makes it down right agonizing. So now getting the every 3 day buffs is starting to feel a lot like that and some of the quests are quite involved and fairly time consuming. Isn't there enough in this game that consumes time needlessly, like refining crafting materials or spending 5 seconds walking around a cotton bush to find the perfect spot to pick that one piece of cotton?

Why not make the buffs last a week or 2 weeks so we only have to perform them like twice a month instead of twice a week leaving more time to do other things. As it is it takes a bit of time to just get going in the game once you log in. If your obsidian potions are running out go shopping for new potions so your armor doesn't degrade too fast. Reapply your town devotional buffs and the town that has them might be under siege or put on your food buffs which take an inordinately long time to apply or go see the oracle and get your 500 gold before you even go out and do anything and I still haven't gotten around to even getting the 3 day buffs yet and by this point you could be 20 minutes deep in play time already just shopping for potions and waiting on load screens. We haven't even gotten to the fun part yet. It's almost like grinding out buffs before getting to the actual exp grinding.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Considering they really are optional, you are only doing it to yourself. I know quite a lot of players who don't bother with them. Choice is yours mate. It's not like sieges or anything else... they are completely optional.

Oyjord Hansen, Elwyn, Elnoth and 2 others like this.
  3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

There are quest buffs? I didn't even know that!

Lazlo likes this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Yep and a lot of people don't. They are nice bonuses to have, but hardly necessary. It's not like devotionals and food... that MAKE a difference... they just allow you to do things differently.

For instance.... the 10% Healing modifier allow me to choose my devotional as Honor and Spirituality instead of my typical Honor and Sacrifice buffs, because I no longer need the healing mod from Sacrifice.

And some mods are way easier to get than others... but it's a choice if you want/need things to be a little easier... but you don't NEED them like you need foods.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Where can I find out about them?
    Tks

6. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I think they were written up in R51, or there about, instructions. They are called Blessings.

8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Well, they do last THREE DAYS. I mean come on. It's not that bad. You only need to do them a couple times in a week. For casual players, you might only do them a couple times in a month!

Olthadir, Chrystoph Reis and Jaesun like this.
  9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Here is the list from the Rinaldi thread:

(each blessing lasts 3 days)
    • Agility (+30 dexterity & -10 Strength) - South Midmaer Way.
    • Elemental Tolerance (+20 resistance & -10 attunement to earth, air, fire, water) - North Shattered Hills.
    • Invigoration (+10 healing & regeneration) - Blood River Forest.
    • Maintenance (-25% damage to weapons, armor, & shields) - Elysium Mines.
    • Skill (+5 adventure level) - Middle Downs.
    • Tamer (+10 pet level) - South Boundless Forest.

10. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I play way too much and haven't bothered once to seek out these quest buffs, it just seems too much hassle and time for the return. I could be missing out, I guess.

Food buffs, we all carry with us our favourites I assume? and its not a great hardship to wait 5 seconds to eat then not need to do it again for hours.

Running through so many sieges is a drag, I agree, especially with current screen load times.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Blessing of Elusiveness (+20 dodge, -20 damage avoidance) - Tenebris Harbor

Lesni likes this.
  12. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Some of the puzzles are amazing.

Should be a unique title / unique weapon armor pattern or something like that for completing one rather than the buff.

I have to agree running through them every 3 days starts to become a grind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.