The quest is confusing

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by blaquerogue, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I think, the actual dialogue window makes some confusing by reading and klicking (and to have two ways to click).
    Therefore, I tried to make a suggestion in this thread :)

2. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

Thank you!

3. Drexorn

Drexorn Avatar

Hi everyone, original backer here but in reality first time really delving into the game. (loving it btw!)
    I'm stuck on this one as well. I found all 4 ghostly echoes, but I don't think i unlocked all the mirrors (missing one - I have the cabin and the farm). The problem is i don't have any more quests available, and esmerelda doesn't give me much else.

in my inventory i have the following 'yellow' quest items:
    Ghostely Echo Essence
    Elven Herbal Tea Leaves (esmerelda doesnt' let me give these to her anymore)
    Gawain & Nena's Amulet's of Testimony (from the very beginning)
    Highvale Gate Key

4. Paladin Michael

About the tea: try to type "Tea" or "Leaves".
    Read your Journal entries carefully, sometimes there is a clue we overlook ...
    May be a room in the monestary you weren't before?
    Talked to all npc's around?
    The little child also have information, connected to the frostgeist story!

5. Drexorn

Drexorn Avatar

Thanks, i've done i think all of the other quests in the area, killed the head elf, found hyla's father's note, the kobold stuff, the helm of courage stuff, etc... I've also given esmerelda tea leaves a bunch of times, maybe there's a limit to how many you can give her?

I just have no more quests available from any of the quest givers. I could just leave I guess, but it's very unsatisfying nto finishing this whole frostgeist line.
    I've found all the mirror locations, been in the big mirror room w/the one on the floor, and scoured the entire area.

One thing is bugged I think, the mirror at the top of the chapel barracks (tower where you first climb the stairs) won't recognize me. I think that's where I'm hung up, and no idea how to go back and fix it.

Trying to actually play this game after years of waiting and it just seems really really buggy so far. Especially when trying to give quest items to a quest giver. It hangs a lot, then doesn't process it and the item is removed from inventory. I've had to log out/back in again and try multiple times until it finally registered.

***SOLUTION***
    It seems I needed to actually click on step two in the chat dialog option. Typing it doesn't work. Once I did that it reset my quest to go through the mystical looking glass again. When I went back to Esmerelda it let me click through step 3 and final step dialog options (which I had already completed). It now shows correctly with Courage Can Be Frigid. Once I did all that and got the banner, it still had looking glass journal entry unresolved. Had to go back and click on step two again to walk through everything and it finally disappeared. Super buggy!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. Paladin Michael

Well, seems to be a bug. So pleace, post it on the Release 52 BUG -Site! Other players will be thankful for it!

Thank you :)

7. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Is this normal when you try to talk to the first Echo: "The Ghostly Echo doesn't seem to notice you are there -"?
    I thought we were supposed to get some story, or a part of one, from each echo? The journal says I need to head back to the monastery to talk to someone who knows about ghosts - I assume that is Esmeralda. I went back to talk to her about "The Ghostly Echos" a few times now and when I return to this one it still won't recognize or talk to me.

/edit: I paged back thru the journal and it suggests I need to find all 4 before they will talk to me? So I will try that...

8. avatarPally

So between 3 and 4, the quest log completely dropped off. I had to go and find "step-2" and click that. Which I've already had to do once already to get one of the prior portals to work. Then I went through the steeple, and the quest didn't update, I went back and forth a few times and figured it still wasn't working, went back to quest-gal and nothing happened, so I went and found "final-step" and clicked that and it finally worked.

Absolutely freaking infuriating. There have got to be 20 people stuck on this right now, and for all of you toxic jokers that say this helps the community to inspire chatting, none of those people seem to even know how to type, so bugger off. Wasted hours on this quest.

9. Paladin Michael

Yes, the Echo recognizes you only in a special case! You receive information from it, after that it doesn't seem to notice you are there ...
    That's no bug! :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  10. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard Avatar

ok so i seem to be stuck .. ive done this entire quest line on other characters and recieved the banner, however it has been awhile and on this character ive got to the quest (courage can be frigid) -- which states "i have all the components and i should enter the large looking glass and find the geistessar" .. however upon trying to enter the large looking glass on the floor, . i get the message "you do not have the required knowledge" ... ive gone back to esmerlda and rechecked all dialog lines as well captain burnes to no avail . bug perhaps? or am i missing something!

arrasonline likes this.
  11. Paladin Michael

Difficult to tell :(
    Had this case too: it helped to reread the whole jounal Text again, maybe there is still something to do or to say to Esmeralda. In one case she told me after a second talk...

12. arrasonline

arrasonline Avatar

I have the exact same problem...did you find a solution?

13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Same issue here on this one. Stuck unable to enter mirror. even though it says too.

14. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Same for me. I've done this mission plenty of times in the past. I've never figured out how these quests "break", then they get fixed, and then they suddenly break again.

15. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Yep, broken for me too :-(

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Regressions are out of control in SotA.

17. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.