1. NOTICE: The game is still in Early Access, which does not constitute a Launch! Please keep feedback and concerns tempered during this still-in-development period. We are working hard to make the game ready for Launch, based on your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

The R15 Decoration Contest

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by lollie, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Net

Net Avatar

I have similar issue, sometimes when I try to resize or move window, I grab decoration.
    I move decoration at the same time as resizing the chat window for example.

Gaelis likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Here is the same video I posted in the bugs forum this happens ALOT when decorating, Trying to move items in and around chest, trading, etc.

Items you target are grabbed but something behind is ALSO grabbed then the item on cursor disaprears. You have to change scenes to get the tiem back in inventory

Kvow [MGT], majoria70 and Gaelis like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am in game now holler at me I will gladly take you home and repeat this OVER and OVER for you :-(

Tahru likes this.
  4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Yeah I get tons of bugs too while decorating. The important thing is to keep trying - most of the bugs can be bypassed with a little time, a few (like rooms that cannot be decorated like the one at top in the Town Basement Arena) I already know about and so won't be marking you guys down or anything :3

And devs - keep at it - decorating is a huge thing for us here in SotA - and it will only keep on getting bigger.

Imagine a world without beauty - what we want in this game is as many awesome deco items as possible - we want to help create worlds here :3 Variety is key.

R15 Deco Contest Update

Back to the R15 Deco Contest - sent Judging Criteria to my band of Judges, we'll be hard at work over next few days and all results will be in by the 25th.

I'll run a walkthrough of all the homes after this, for anyone who is interested in seeing all the awesome stuff our creatives can get up to.

And thanks to everyone for entering, and taking the time to get the location info, and for keeping New Britannia looking good :3

5. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

To reproduce;
    Go to a high lag area like owls, set your GFX to as high as possible
    Stand in a tight space - preferably a small citizen house.
    Place a couple of large objects in one corner, preferably as light/bright as possible, like a fewDragonbone Throne.
    Place a strong light source behind you (preferably not light spell)
    (You want the object to be clearly visible through the transparency of the inventory view)
    Increase the size of your inventory so that it covers about 25% of the screen and have it on your screen to the right
    Place avatar and camera so that your right side of screen behind inventory is filled by the bright lit object (dragon one throne)
    Angle the camera at about 60' to floor and wall - no straight 90' angles.
    Have an full inventory of small dark things like the brown bottles/jugs
    Preferably with long text
    Quickly drag and drop from inventory to room
    No slow movements so that the GFX don't have time to make a proper pick

- ....-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Or if you want a quick fix, then simply adjust/remove the transparency of the inventory window.
    What is it now? 20% transparent? Halving whatever it is should fix this.

Gaelis likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It really isn't all the complicated just go to a house and try and decorate, trade, or even just move items around when the target window is covering (0ver) more items (even hedges and stuff thru walls) if you want you can find me in game or ill Trustee you to my house and we can play around with it.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry I left the Checkers on the Dance floor I picked them up LOL

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

I had this issue on and off but cannot reproduce it on demand (which is why i never filled in a bug report). Some days i can decorate fine, others it will not let me place anything at all, if i try to move something it ends up in my bag. Usually lasts 4-5 hours and is not fixed by relog, zone, /stuck or by switching to single player. I have no idea why it happens or how it fixes itself. It only seems to happen in my 2 story stone town basement

9. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I will be unable to participate any longer as I have been evicted from Ardoris.

I was 4 hours too late.

Net likes this.
  10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

:(

lollie and scroda like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Done that myself - was a day late. Had to redo the full decoration of the Lovers' Lodge - but it taught me an important lesson;
    Weekly Mobile alarms to not forget such in the future...
    :cool:

Gaelis likes this.
  12. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

We have the results in folks!

So without further ado -

1st place = Lord Thomas - Home for Adventurers
    2nd place = Gaelis - Furniture Shop
    3rd place = Themo Lock - Performing Arts Centre

Was a very close fight for second and third place (and even fourth place!). Lord Thomas just gave us the whole package - fresh ideas and good taste, with all areas given attention.

Special mention goes to Net and Gaelis Trajan with the Bear Tavern Brawl Arena, then Umuri and his torture box puzzle box, tied with Ravicus and the very famous Wody's Bar, followed by Raven Swiftbow with a very cool cemetery/crypt, and Soleidad and Silverglade and their City Home.

Thanks to our judges - me (of course), and Doctor (Doctor Shroud) and a special guest judge - Bumnog (had to pull in a favour at the last minute after one of the judges found himself unable to complete the judging). And thanks to all the awesome entries - it really was a hard choice, so many wonderful ideas and so much hard work. Really fantastic work guys! Feel free to PM me if you want any feedback, all our judges worked hard to take down notes as we went along :)

We'll be doing regular Deco Contests every two months to give people time to collect and craft things, broken up with the odd mini contest, like what's coming for this next month. Announcement coming soon :3

13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Congratulations to the winners and runners up!!!

14. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Wow thx! never thought i would win.
    Its a honor to be choosen, there are so many talented avatars out there and iam exited what is comming in the future.
    Thx Lollie and the other Judges for choosing my project.
    Very BIG thx to Kara Brae for here support with gold and crafting! You are the best! :)

15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I can't believe I forgot to thank Lollie, the judges and all the contestants for their hard work (and good taste!)

Without people like Lollie driving such initiatives, the world of SOTA would be a poorer place :)

16. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Congratulation to the winner Lord Thomas ! :)

Thanks to the judges spending a lot of time inspecting all entrys and all which decorated their homes/shops and had a lot of fun.

Special thanks for Lollie for taking over Athanils contest this time :)

17. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

I'll be running this thing from here on out, got tons planned :) One mini contest coming in for the next month and another big two monther coming up after that.

18. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Congratulations to all the winners!

Thanks so much for running this contest! It was much fun to decorate every room in the city basement!

19. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

First of all to all the decoration R15 contestants. I'd like to express my gratitude to each any everyone of you for creating such beautiful pieces of art. No matter how big the lot size or small, each place had it's own special aura to it. Some put "simple is better" technique and others went for "style is whatever you want to do". No matter if you didn't win this time, NEVER feel discouraged. It's all about learning from experiences and ways you can always improve. Thank you all for showing me a piece of your little world and I sincerely look forward to many more creations.

Secondly, to the winners. Congratulations for producing wonderful and original homes. Lord Thomas, thank you for inviting me into your home and giving me your own personal tour. I loved how it gave the "home sweet home" vibe. Well deserved. -applauds and cheers- I did want to announce if anyone wished to give me a tour, but I was very busy. Next judging, I'll be more than happy to visit your submission with a tour. Gaelis, your furniture shop was beautiful. The moment I stepped into that basement I was flabbergasted with what you created. Auction like rooms. -Applauds and cheers-. To Themo Lock for creating a very detailed home with a wonderful stage outside and in the basement. And for Umuri who gave me a splitting headache with his truly magnificent puzzle box. -Applauds you both and cheers-

Lastly, to Lady Lollie for being a fantastic host for this months decorations contest. She is truly an inspiration for us all. Not only putting so much hard work preparing guidelines for marking and tours, but also striving to create even better ways for the contests to be hosted. One great example is her ambition for street names to make it easier for locating homes. Keep up the brilliant work and thank you for giving me the opportunity to judge such masterpieces.

Again, I can not emphasis enough on to NOT be DISCOURAGED if you didn't win. Work hard, enjoy your time and create a wonderful work of art.

Many thanks,
    Doctor Shroud

20. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Congrats to all the worthy winners, and special thanks to lollie and the team of judges who spent so much time checking out all our creations!

Lord Baldrith, Net, Gaelis and 3 others like this.