The Resource Report for the last 30 days (January 20th, 2020)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anpu, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is just an open report I wanted to share with everyone. I was actually curious about a few things on where people were specifically gathering certain resources, and then I wondered well, how much of this stuff is getting gathered? I found all that information and more, but wanted to share this also with everyone else.

Anyone, at any time can also find this information, that is available to the Public API, through the wonderful public website https://sotagraphs.com/ and is free for anyone to use at any time. This wonderful resouce is maintained by that_shaun_guy on the forums.

I think most people will find this rather fascinating and interesting. I also need to explicitly state the following, so that you actually understand what these numbers mean, and what these numbers do not mean:

1. The areas listed where players are gathering certain resources is not always the most efficient place to gather these resources. The numbers here only show which places players are going into and finding the exact resources. It does not mean that an area is the most efficient to gather resources in the specific scene. Feel free to explore any of these areas listed and evaluate the resource output for your self.

2. Currently, there are some creatures that do drop raw materials as loot when they are killed. Like for example Reapers. These are large magically enchanted(?) trees made out of wood. And when killed, drop various wood related resources. The API doesn't show specifically what specific raw resource has dropped from these various creatures and that number (to the best of my knowledge. I could however be missing something). You can however do a calculation of that on some resources.

Resources Gathered for the last 30 days as of January 20, 2020:

Gold Ore

Players have collected a total of 24,054 amount of Gold Ore from various locations.

At 4 Ore per ingot that would make a total of 6,013 Gold Ingots.

4,324 Gold Ore came from Ravensmoor (Dungeon1_Entrance). (17.98% of total Gold Ore)
    3,961 Gold Ore was mined specifically from Etceter Crag Mines (Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCraigMines). (16.47% of total Gold Ore)
    2,883 Gold Ore was mined specifically from Graff Gem Mines. (11.997% of total Gold Ore)

Silver Ore

Players have collected a total of 22,488 amount of Silver Ore from various locations.

At 4 Ore per ingot that would make a total of 5,622 Silver Ingots.

4,647 Silver Ore was mined specifically from Elysium Mines (Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines). (20.66% of total Silver Ore)
    4,149 Silver Ore came from Torc'Dawl the Broken, located in Ravensmoor (Dungeon1_Entrance). (18.45% of total Silver Ore)*
    2,551 Silver Ore came from K'rul (Novia_R3_Underground03_01). (11.34% of total Silver Ore)

Gold and Silver Ingots

Players have collected a total of 15,780 amount of Gold Ingots from K'rul (Novia_R3_Underground03_01).

Players have collected a total of 15,858 amount of Silver Ingots from K'rul (Novia_R3_Underground03_01).

Maple Wood

Players have collected a total of 18,224 amount of Maple Wood from various locations.

3,757 Maple Wood was collected from Ulfheim (Novia_R9_Forest02_03). (20.66% of total Maple Wood)
    2,332 Maple Wood was gathered from Twins Foothills (Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMinesEntrance). (12.80% of total Maple Wood)
    2,078 Maple Wood was collected from Solace Bridge Outskirts (Novia_R1_Forest04_01) (11.40% of total Maple Wood)

Pine Wood

Players have gathered a total of 18,961 amount of Pine Wood from various locations.

5,461 Pine Wood was collected from Ulfheim (Novia_R9_Forest02_03). (28.8% of total Pine Wood)
    1,977 Pine Wood was gathered from Twins Foothills (Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMinesEntrance). (10.43% of total Pine Wood)
    And 1,817 Pine Wood was collected from Forest Siege (SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road). (9.58% of total Pine Wood)

Garnet

Players have gathered a total of 5,058 amount of Garnet from various locations.

1,311 Garnet came from Torc'Dawl the Broken, located in Ravensmoor (Dungeon1_Entrance). (25.91% of total Garnet)*
    787 Garnet came from K'rul (Novia_R3_Underground03_01). (15.56% of total Garnet)
    370 Garnet was collected from PlayerDungeon_GreyStone (7.31% of total Garnet)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You people sure are busy! ;)

And that is all I have to say about this report. I do hope that you find this post informative and helpful!

(If you see any of my calculations out of wack, just let me know).

Feel free to post any questions, or comments about this data!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*There are no Silver Ore or Garnet nodes in this scene.

Data used for this Report:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have updated the original post to have all the actual scene names (sorry, I had to spend a lot of time to actually verify and confirm that). I also added where Gold and Silver Ingots come from as well.

Also thank you Laz and Jack for featuring this post on your stream! I hope this now will provide everyone with some useful information.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Interessting. So I am responsible for roughly 5% of all maple wood collected ^^ not too shabby.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Theres aloooot of resources comming from torc dawl and the clockwork dragon.

It's interesting to see more ingots are being looted than ore. twice as many ingots are being looted than is comming from mines almost.

Rentier and Numa like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Only thing that makes me pause that I hadn't seen was the ingots. The clockwork dragon will be getting more challenging soon so that should bring that down some. BTW, I have a report I look at from our raw metrics BUT it only includes ores. The ingots from that scene are eye opening to say the least and should be investigated more.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

One last update, I have discovered what area is Novia_R1_Forest04_01, that happens to be Solace Bridge Outskirts (thanks @Alley Oop !).

That's a bit concerning, but there you go.

Numa likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't think it is concerning. every new player is funneled through there, they end up spending quite a while in it completing the many quests, and there's specifically a quest to gather 4 maple. 2078 in 30 days is an average of less than 3 pieces an hour. that honestly seems low.

8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

3 times the amount of ingots from one mob than all ore collected in total? That is insanely broken

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  9. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

As alley oop stated, these totals, broadly, seem incredibly low when one averages out per hour rates.

10. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

If demand does not change, ore and ingots will likely going up in value in direct proportion to the new difficulty level...

Is this an SEC violation and considered insider trading?

11. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Ingots removed from clockwork. Thanks API! 30k+ ingots per month removed although I haven’t noticed quite yet.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah just checked the Gold Ingots. They no longer show dropping at all. Was assuming they would just lower the amount that drops, not cut it off completely. But there could be other reasons as to why (at least for now).

13. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Basically wood came from reapers... Ore from trolls and ingots from clockwork dragon

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Rentier and Anpu like this.
  14. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

So I have been caught running around Solace Bridge Outskirts chopping wood while looking for new players to give stuff to :)

Rentier likes this.
  15. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Resources are getting a lot harder to come by.

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I don't think resources are harder to come by. I buy bulk every day and they seem to get restocked the same day if not the next. that tells me that there is still lots out there :)

Anpu likes this.
  17. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Crafting is Dead.

18. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Curious if you could post the numbers publicly for Beetle Carapaces and Suets? Interesting to note that Carpaces don't drop from mobs that I am aware, which would be cool. Although, I understand many would be against this. I, on the other hand, am always for prices dropping on certain hard-to-come-by items, particularly if it makes crafting better items slightly easier, and therefore, IMO, profitable for vendors since they can make more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.