Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The respawn is really killing this game

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

At least for me. I defeated every skeleton on the bridge in Solace Bridge, turned around and saw them standing there again...
    Sorry, but this does not only kill the atmosphere and immersion of the game but also every feeling of having accomplished something...

Respawns should occur when you leave the area not while you are still there. Or take a really long time and I think respawns should be more logical. Where do the enemies come from? Especially on the bridge. Where do the skeletons come from?

Net likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a bug and will be fixed next patch, it wasn't intended behavior. :)

smack, Kaisa, majoria70 and 5 others like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So you are going to make the ability to kill them over and over not possible? So if I go to Veiled swamp tower and kill it all I have ot leave the area to do it over again? Dan gonna be IMPOSSIBLE to make money to explore after that :-(

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Here's hoping that the overall design is to not allow or encourage people to stand in the same area mindlessly killing things so they can get experience and money.

I never played WOW, I never played EQ...that's why. Grinding is not roleplaying.

smack, gtesser and Joviex like this.
  5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think that this is a really difficult topic.
    On the one hand, in an MMO respawns are neccessary in order to get better as fast as possible and get items, money, ressources as fast as possible. Also, others want to kill the monsters too and get the EXP.

On the other hand, the believability of the world, the immersion and the atmosphere as well as the feeling of accomplishing something are destroyed by respawns. Also, respawns don't make sense in the single player part of the game.

So what to do? How can you please both player factions?

royalsexy likes this.
  6. RitualOfFlame

RitualOfFlame Avatar

I think that, when things will get to a certain balance, nobody should and would need to wait for respawn. If I go through a scene, fight them all and bla bla bla, then I will surely move fast to another area which would be balanced for my new gained level... I hope it will be like that at least :) .

7. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Don't seem difficult to me.

Either you want to play a WoW/EQ/LotrO style, grind fest MMO, or you want to play a more RPg-centric MUD style game.

I dont play to be as fast as possible. I DO play to have great adventures.

Notice I said ADVENTURES, not FUN. Each persons fun is completely subjective, and many people find it fun to RUSH and BURN content.

I am not one of those, which is also why I really enjoy(ed) ESO -- it was less grindy (to a point) since you made MOST of your XP doing actually missions aka adventures.

Just like table top.

Cheers.

smack likes this.
  8. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

In some areas the respawn is really terrible. I kill everyone in a room sewers and then go to the next. If i return everyone is there again.
    Open areas, the respawn is more logical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.