Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Rise - seams in walls

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Balec Fares deCani, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Area: The Rise (The Rise) Loc: (-12.0, 30.0, 150.1)

In this room, at this location and several other places there are seams in the walls that look like they might be entrances, but are probably bugs.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for reporting, bug submitted!

3. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

I've looked back at these and determined that the wrong pieces were utilized when this chamber was put together.... Anywhere you might see seams like that means the builder of the room matched the incorrect pieces side-by-side...which means the textures will fail to tile (i.e. - an "01" piece should only be beside an "01" piece for a first level set of walls, and on the second, and all "even" levels, the variation "02" pieces should be used...) This scene section was built back before the Unity flaw that renumbered our pieces without using parentheses was finally fixed, which allowed for a lot of confusion...

I went ahead and fixed this area myself... As long as people use those building blocks as designed and indicated, we hopefully won't see this often in the future...

The best thing we can do if we do see more of these, is to indicate the possibility of the wrong pieces having been used,...and then on our end we should pass this bug on to the person who built the scene...

Scottie ^_^

Jack Knyfe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.