Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Rise so interesting , but I hope that the official can become more interesting

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by TeddyMIT, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok I am going to say this once so you really do not need to reply, I am not going to joust on the forums about this topic. (if you want to debate it with me PM me)

We are here to test this game not to just find bugs but also things that are broken (out of balance) If you are not reporting these things as well as bugs I would (if I was a Dev) also watch your account and what is happening, and if you continued to work with something unbalanced without ever reporting it I would consider you as bad as someone who abuses an exploit.

((( ** This is my personal belief and I am sure there are others out there who will agree, I also know there are ones out there who will sit on things like this as they are ways to do things others can't, and give them an advantage. ** )))

What he did in not a Bug, I know, BUT the spells used and the mechanics are a clearly use to accomplish something not actually intended.

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I sure get a kick out of you! :) :rolleyes:

Aldo likes this.
  3. Noric

Noric Avatar

They need to totally revamp CC. Differentiating things more (a 100% slow is called a root), adding weaknesses to different types of CC and defining hard limits to the way CCs can function (no AoE stun should last 10 seconds with 100% accuracy... that is absurd.)

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:) my actual thought is for the AoE spells like this sure they are effective and SHOULD be when trained fully and long and hard. But hitting one target could paralyze almost completely but if that lasts 30 seconds. If it hits 2 targets the 30 seconds is split so 15 seconds each - 3 targets 10 seconds each - - - This way player who are just jumping into the middle of 6 or more would really only cripple them for 5 seconds :)

Sara Dreygon and Gatsu. like this.
  5. Noric

Noric Avatar

I think it is a reasonable approach to AoE - though personally, I don't think hard cc should be anywhere as powerful against single targets even as is it now. Stuns are pretty boring - it really wipes out a lot of attention that needs to be paid to positioning, maintaining defenses and target management.

I understand that ranged characters need to have methods of dealing with monsters, but more effort should be put into making those play patterns more complex than rotating Crowd Control skills with dps skills.

Daxxe Diggler and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It plays for me in New Mexico, which some USA Americans assume is another country.

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great point how AOE / stuns can interrupt the positioning game. In my melee character careers through games with mez/stun/roots I often felt the same. I'm really curious what you think the solution is for ranged characters. What is the more complex...or elegant...solution?

8. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'm still considering how to approach this. Strangely enough, the mesmerize skill i use sometimes(moonbeams) gives what is i think a better indication of how to approach CC for pve.
    1. Its not tab targeted(Tab Targetted/Radius AoE skills require little interaction)
    2. It has limits on the number of enemies it can impact(3)
    3. The crowd control is limited (damaged mobs instantly move again)

I've used it heavily in control points and a bit in The Rise for:
    1. Mitigating damage from secondary targets
    2. Pulling mobs apart

I think it promotes dynamic gameplay because of the targeting system (it targets like fireball - you actually need to position to indicator) in conjunction with the CC drawback. I don't want to mesmerize mobs right next to my target (as melee i would instantly free them), so i need to regularly take the time away from my primary target to decide what mobs i can target, how to handle my own positioning to encourage mobs to group as i want and to actually land a "skillshot".

I'm not saying this one example acts a solution - but it does present an example where i am using a powerful cc (13+ seconds) in a way that is a lot more dynamic than the current discharge/chain lightning spam.

I actually thought the solo dragon video did at least show a player that had to maintain positioning and timings in a way that was a lot more dynamic that just being able to rotate crowd control dps skills(I still think the slow was overtuned, but it was a lot more interesting than i found the handling of the boss room in The Rise).

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

我不知道反應這麼熱烈
    事實上我也是覺得雷爆術和鏈鎖閃電的設計有欠缺公平性才會貼出來的
    我覺得這個遊戲不需要超強的玩家,更不需要最強的技能
    所以我只要發現有不平衡的地方就會竭盡所能的去讓它表現出來
    至於有些玩家連冰箭術都拖下水...我覺得太偏激了
    如果要這樣講那弓箭的破足也應該算下去瞜?同樣都有緩速效果

10. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Agree :p