The Rise XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crendel, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I agree. Why is it still so easy to get xp in Upper Tears? I was hoping they would do something to encourage people to group elsewhere, to go hunt bosses, etc.
    About 3 months ago, there were parties to go to The Rise and Krul, but it would be nice to see new ones too. And at one time I used to solo The Rise, but I just went back and... uff!

2. amarious

amarious Avatar

I feel the same, but instead of decoing I went around looking for people to kill. When I get bored people die : /

To the people I killed tonight, you can thank Port, I would have been happily in the mines had they not bugged them all up.

Mishikal and moko like this.
  3. Nib

Nib Avatar

Its fixed now, you can stop murdering people and get back to work in the mines.

Mishikal and Jaesun like this.
  4. amarious

amarious Avatar

I went back to Spectral mines after I had gotten word that things had been fixed, late afternoon my time yesterday. I cleared out the entire mine and waited, because I had no choice in the matter, nothing had respawned. What had respawned a few minutes later was a measly 3 nodes.

Before Friday's patch I would have been non stop busy, happily mining and killing the occasional skele. Now it doesn't interest me..but killing other flagged players does. So now I'll use my time going to each and every zone in the game looking for others to kill.

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I agree

Beaumaris, Mishikal, jiirc and 2 others like this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It also depends a bit on class. I was able to start working in the rise at ADV level 87 with the two buffs so I came in at ADV level 96. I know that playing as ranged, I'm at a significant handicap as well, but I've just always liked playing an archer, so I live with it. But I agree, there's dearth of content for upper 80's->mid 90s. I'm not even sure where to go now at all, as ulfheim, DR, etc, are all just crap comparatively. I tried Upper Tears and after dying 5 times just to get through one full "round" of all the waves didn't find that idea particularly appealing. I may try the Ruined Keep next.

K1000 and Beaumaris like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Silver lining - if things are all balanced now as they should be, then they can start looking at bringing new areas to what is now 'par' - it should make it easier to make things more lucrative elsewhere now that there's an established benchmark of health vs. difficulty.

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

That's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hey, I'm trying to be positive!

*hides pitchfork and torch*

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  11. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

The more I think about the nerf to the Rise mages, the more I like it.

At first I was horrified by the change, but running the same few rooms in the Rise (or just one room UT) is just not fun or interesting enough for long-term gameplay.

I would like to have many different end-game adventure scenes for both solo and groups that are equally rewarding for loot and exp.

I think this "nerf" to the Rise mages has shown the greatest failure right now in Shroud: there aren't nerely enough end-game adventure scenes.

Case in pont: there are 4 T-10+ zones (not including control points), 0 T-9 zones, 1 T8 zone, no T6 or T7 zones. And there are like 30 T5 zones, which players can outlevel in a few weeks now.

This means players have to jump from farming Deep Ravenswood to Ulfhem or the Rise. And then they get to stay in those few zones forever...

Please develop some new T6 - T10 adventure zones soon!!

Crendel, Gorthyn and Mishikal like this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Seems like the crap i always fight seem like they are giving more xp than they did. So im not feeling this hurt.

I didnt try to get exact numbers but my xp pool got up about 300k higher than it is on average without doing anything different.

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hm, may need to restock the riot supply vendor...

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, it's going to depend a lot on what mobs you kill. If you did the mages room, then you'll notice it a lot, just because the XP cut there was 33%. I may give the Ruined Keep a try per a suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.