The Shady Vale Syndicate - Looking for Recruits of Virtue

Discussion in 'Player Guilds & Groups' started by Barnabas Root, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

The Shady Vale Syndicate [SVS] is a Guild first conceived in 2002 which has now found its way to the land of New Britannia in Shroud of the Avatar. It will be dedicated to the establishment of a flourishing crafting and commerce trade throughout the land, and supporting each other within the guild to help everyone reach his or her full potential. Shady Vale Syndicate may be a new name, but its members began playing together in Ultima Online and have continued to do so in the decade since. They have traveled through multiple games and under several different names, but always with two constants: its members and its values. We are always looking to add others to our group and together grow stronger in the process.

Why choose the Shady Vale Syndicate over another Guild? We are not just a Guild - we are a family. We are open to players of any type - fighters, rogues, or mages... PvPers, crafters, role-players... the town leaders, the town witches, the town drunks - what we seek most of all is a player who is of virtue. We are looking for players who will look out for others, not just themselves; who will spare their last Health Potion for their friend while they lay dying; who will offer their last few coins to a starving neighbor when their own pantry is barren.

We in the Shady Vale Syndicate first and foremost support each other. We are only as strong as our weakest member, and as such, we value the well-being of our guild-mates above our own. Everyone has a purpose with us. Our PvPers would represent our Guild in the field of battle and uphold our honor. Our role-players would act as hosts to visitors or as ambassadors to other guilds and potential customers.

We uphold the eight virtues that our Lord British's Avatar represented before the Cataclysm, as told in the legends, and we ask that any potential guild recruit be fully prepared to do the same.

To help in achieving our goals our Guild will primarily be in a centralized location, allowing for a strong network of top-quality vendors and service presence to attract customers from across the land, with the hope of attaining a sparkling reputation for being the premier site to locate the best products a New Britannian may require. As such, the majority of the Shady Vale Syndicate is planning to set up shop in our Player-Owned Town, the Crossroad Village of FrostSpire, a snowy mountain community which has plenty of space to house the entire Guild plus any other "outlander" who seeks shelter in a warm, neighborly home. Our plans are to be located near a major point of traffic to keep the coin flowing through our vendors' purses.

At the same time, we also like to have fun as a family. We look forward to holding Guild events, and engaging in-game with events held by others. We enjoying interacting with one another through TeamSpeak 3 as our main form of communication, and often enjoy joking with one another and having fun, which is our Guild's most vital function. We play in New Britannia because we enjoy it there, and being a part of the Shady Vale Syndicate should enhance the fun of the experience!

If you are interested in joining, have questions, or just want to talk about SotA, please visit our webpage at http://shadyvalesyndicate.com/ where you will find our forums and our Teamspeak 3 information. Hope to see you there! (You may also feel free to post questions or comments on this thread!)

Humbly Yours,

- Root

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Congratulations and I wish you good luck for your guild. :)

Sir Baralis and Barnabas Root like this.
  3. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

A great group is an understatement. I have been part of this from the very beginning.

We have had our ups and downs, switched between shards on UO, and games after. But no matter we have still always been friends. We started with UO, however we want to make SotA our home.

We have guys that look at us and then go else where, but then we also have people that join us and become one of us.
    If you are looking for a guild that dictates what is expected of its members continue to look, we want our members to be themselves and to be a part of something.

Hope to see you stop by and see if we are what you are looking for, because we are always to make more friends.

Barnabas Root likes this.
  4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Is this related to the syndicate? If not, why choose the name syndicate if I may ask? I played UO since day 1, and luckily never shared a shard with them (the syndicate), I did see them on the old osi guild list but never saw them in-game, I say luckily because the only time I did see them in-game they were performing the same menial task that the illegal goldsellers were performing, dropping books advertising their website 24/7. I'm not sure what one would do if they joined other than be recruited into one of the 24 hour a day book droppers. I never did see a member other than one dropping a book on the ground littering the once beautiful landscape of Britannia. Thanks to them and the goldsellers the land was reduced to what looked like the busiest street in Las Vegas. As for your guild, never heard of it, and I'm sure you've never heard of my past guilds so it's no big deal, just wondering on the name choice.

5. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

We are not related to the Guild called The Syndicate in any way. It was simply an aesthetically-pleasing name choice made by our founders, Lord Kiron and Sir Baralis, when they created this branch. Just like there are a number of Guilds that are "The Order of..." something, or "the ... Clan," I'm sure there will be such repetition of certain words going forward, especially as the game continues to grow!

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Ok, just asking, I did search the word and it does originate in medieval times, so it is period appropriate. I just thought there might be divisions, there are some guilds with multiple divisions and it gets confusing. Thanks for clearing it up.

Forest_Dweller likes this.
  7. meganree

meganree Avatar

Hi everyone! :) I've been a part of this guild for good while now and I can truly say it has some of the best people I have ever met. They are really fun and humorous and I have made some great friends. I can not say enough good things about them! :)

Mata likes this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome meganree!

9. meganree

meganree Avatar

Thank you :)

Mata likes this.
  10. Mata

Mata Avatar

You're welcome! :)

11. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

I just joined yesterday and I have to say that I'm already impressed. I can't wait to see the town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.