The Story of Vengeance: Pre-Era.1

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Violation Clauth, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hail Avatars!

Well met. I have enjoyed getting to know most of you more than I should and have gotten to know too few of you. I have, however, made enemies with more of you than I would have liked. This brings me to the point of this note. As of late, the murderous scum of New Britannia have been grouping up and finding a common enemy: Vengeance. They have overrun our capital and taken our Mayor's head, Vengeance himself, as a trophy.

This day is a sad day but we are too few and against too many. Until the next update to our tale I suggest you travel to the Brave Coast with backup.

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

The wage of war is death. The attempt to control the Chaos that is a murderer's intent is futile, yet we will fight it forever. This known and recently reminded fact is something we live with on a daily basis. It is both with a heavy heart and a joyous release that I give this update: our three leaders have made it alive; however, many are still missing. I will keep you all informed as this progresses. Please give us some time; our island we have known as home is crawling with filth and is more dangerous than ever. The effort to regroup and retake our castle and strongholds is one that will continue in the coming weeks...

3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Although the cost may be at one life, to this point, the gravity of the situation is starting to set in. The warriors of Vengeance will begin to prepare to retake our keep this eve. Tomorrow, the day of retribution. I will give you an assessment of the battle once we have won! For now, my brothers and sisters prepare for battle and our location and numbers will be guarded. We will not tip our enemy to our hand.

Farewell for now Avatars, and may the virtues be with you.

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

We have sent out scouts with a message on where to find us... they are searching for the wounded. The battle against the murderous, motherless, soulless, heartless beings that stole our land was lost. I can not bring myself say any more at this time... my thoughts are too scattered.

If anyone finds my journal I seemed to have misplaced it... an excerpt so you know what the last page is that I wrote:

[​IMG]

(ooc: I was asked for an addition to this post of a high res so here is that edit: high res of the journal entry: http://i.imgur.com/9ZQLl2j.png)

It feels as if the walls have fallen in on us.
    The scouting reports were in our favor but the battle cries of our fallen tell a different tale.
    Has virtue lead us to a path of destruction?
    Has Lady Justice turned her back on us?
    We fight for the good of this world and yet it feels as if the world is always against us.
    I make this as the last entry in my journal until my mind has cleared.

I take my current time to reflect on things that have recently passed and invite my companions who are closest to me to seek me at the waters edge to the western most point of our land.
    We will take the small solace in the fact that our loss is not an eternal one and our souls are ours to keep.
    At what cost?

We have lost this fight.
    We no longer can be the pillars that hold up the beacon of light for our land.
    We can no longer provide the safe passage to those who need it most.
    Why? What greater purpose could this serve?
    Where are those who's lives we've saved that have hidden in the shadows as we've fallen.
    Is it our destiny to lose this war?

Questions must be answered in time; more importantly, we must find a new home.

-Duke Violation

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

It saddens me to inform you that my journal with our plans was found by our enemies. The brothers and sisters of the Order of Vengeance have now abandoned hope to retake our land. We are leaving... we cannot say to where yet as we do not know. This will be my last entry before the scouts and emissaries secure a location for our people.

It is with a heavy heart that this message goes out: The Brave Coast will NOT be protected by Order of Vengeance for the next wave of Avatars entering New Britannia. Their fate is their own.

Be safe Avatars, be safe. Keep your swords sharp and your shields at hand. These are dark times you are entering... be safe.

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks be to PaxLair!!!

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thank you for coming by and I look forward to the attack we will mount to take back Vengeance in R12.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.