Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The /Stuck command as of R7

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by chunderbun, Jul 3, 2014.

?

Should the /stuck command be improved before R8?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Unsure

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunderbun

chunderbun Avatar

/stuck currently just places you in the same location after dropping you from a height on the z axis. It's practically useless at this point and stopped me dead in my tracks trying to play the game in order to find bugs. For instance: I was stuck in a "no-way-out" part of the sewers and taking damage from the unclean water. Stuck would drop me right back in it, and /home is disabled because it's a combat area.

What I suggest is a simple /stuck (left, right, forward, back) relative to the avatars direction of face, then move the player up on the z axis, over 1 unit of measure to whatever x,y coord corresponds with the input (right, forward etc.) then drops them. Adding a timer to it would also ward off any misuse. I assume that the engine would handle any collisions with people trying to move their avatars through walls?

I'm aware that death may be implemented in R8, and that may change things, but I was also stuck inbetween some logs and a building once, with absolutely no way to kill myself. If it weren't for my already placed home, I would've had to start again.

Another system that is a sort of legacy idea would be that /stuck commands take you back to the last or nearest town settlement like it would in UO. To avoid people using it as a 'personal gate,' it too would be on a timer of significant length and specific only to the nearest towns or points of interest. This information could be stored individually in the data for each hex as an example.

In my opinion it's necessary, because I was forced to start new characters over and it severely impacted my time utilization during the R7 testing window.

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I remember using the stuck command and it brought me back to the entrance of the scene which was great because I was able to get out quickly....

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I agree completely. I jumped into a spot on the map I couldn't get out of. I didn't have a home, so /home didn't work. I was in single player, so I couldn't teleport to a friend. I had to delete my character and start over. It sucked.

4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Within the 3D maze of Net /stuck brought me to the entrance of the building.
    For other holes in the landscape you are right, it should reposition you to some accessible location. While this may be tricky in a dungeon to not allow a quick escape here with the fat loot.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Arianna, docdoom77 and Mata like this.
  5. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

In this type of situation, another option is to drop out of single player and then come back in, in multi-player.

Then, /zone to your friend.

docdoom77 likes this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Actually, under the current implementation of "/zone" you can use it to zone *while* in SPO mode.

Just zone to someone you know is available in-game (someone like the "Valemark" bot), and then log back in to get back into SPO mode again (as zoning to an OPO player switches you to OPO mode). :)

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Valemark bot was so useful. We should have someone like that in every town.

At least until Lunar Orbs are implemented :cool:

8. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Handac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Was it actually possible to /zone to an NPC in R7 ?

Or are you suggesting a solution that should be implemented in the future ? :)

Lord Lonn Bimmer likes this.
  10. Mata

Mata Avatar

/zone Mata was also often used :p :D ;)

11. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I tried it once but I spelled it Handec soooo, then I tried it again after I got the correct spelling and he was gone lol.
    I think it will

12. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

Sadly, I only have the 1 spare account, so I can only setup the one bot. Valemark "Should" be online at all times during a release, excluding any disconnects that i don't catch right away. I am not going to put the effort in to make sure he auto connects and such, seeing as /zone is only a temporary feature. I will keep him online for as long as the /zone command is enabled, at which point, well he goes offline :p

13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

AKA R6? :p

14. chunderbun

chunderbun Avatar

I wasn't aware you could /zone to NPC's, can anyone confirm this?

/stuck may warp you back to the start for certain scenes, but it doesn't when you are genuinely stuck in the meshes of the level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.