The Tooth of Time... (The Future or Past of New Player Welcomes)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, May 17, 2019.

?

Should our game follow "Past Lord British's" opinion, or the present game entry build?

1. We should keep a single entry point for all new characters to enter the game

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. We should follow "Past Lord British's" advise and create multiple ways to enter into our game.

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Lord British didn't know what he was talking about at the time.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Lord British knew exactly what he was talking about at the time.

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. If Lord British said this, do you think it's coming in our future?

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Do you think it's not coming in our future?

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I am a fanboy, but I do like to look at what's not working with very dark glasses. I'm not smart, so one must be observant through many eyes to see things in a different light :cool:~TL~

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: I first saw it as stated, as a POW Camp. So then I ran through it "many times" (which on a side note, turned out to be a exploit for gaining 80,000 exp an hour which all my characters could share)... and before long, I was seeing the same scene as a veteran player (which I am, but away for too long to know much of anything current). Once I felt comfortable, or as comfortable with it as I could become, I noticed it's industrial qualities or forced labor things to be overcome before being allowed to be turned loose on the world. In many ways, I am a new player right now, so I'm just reporting what I see.
    ~TL~

Astirian and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

What's wrong or what's wrong in the current opening trail of "Love"
    • We know we are in the kiddie pool strait off the bat, the shallow end, the easy cheesy. Other than the child being in the burning house, there's not much of an emergency going on anywhere. There's no higher level or "overwhelmingly higher level" content surrounding the way through it or making our way out. There seems no emergency anywhere around there to escape from.
    • We are presented immediately after the little girl in the fire, "with grind" (the practice dummy weapon and target). In many ways, "grind and the tools for grind" represent "gaming the system", which takes us further away from this being some dire place to escape from. The target and training dummy are so not needed because of the beginner lvl monsters which are along the trail, "yet those reminders of grind are clearly there", which immediately reminds the player possibly of why they left their last game or in other words, it takes the player away from the story narrative or what's being presented... which currently doesn't seem very threatening a situation at all.
    • The player should die if they come off the pathway out of there, due to lvl 5 content and violence happening everywhere around there "for the only exception the road out of there". Think of how our sieges look and take it up a notch. Everywhere they see off that trail of easy to kill monsters should be a war zone which spells instant death. We're currently having our players enter into the world with a nipple in their mouth as babies all the way through our intro, which we shouldn't.
    • This current intro has no choices to be made, not even a coin flip of a choice to be made, only go here do this and that. "What's Love got to do with it?" ... I just don't know. Love of a painting, a friend, a companion, yet no choices to be made where a player could fail, "or seem to fail or have made a right or wrong decision". I found that I could gather up most all the quests and then go out and complete them all, instead of my decisions (or any decisions not currently presented) choosing which path I would take if each quest lead to each other, instead of them being independent of one another which they currently are. Multiple trails could easily be linked with the tasks and depending on which choice the player made, would determine which quest they next offered.
    Right now our developers are having a meeting about the future of our game's entry, and I'm hoping through this post that they can be "refreshed" with the fundamentals of good game entry.

:rolleyes: But that is an option here in our SOTA :D to be left alone in single player mode just playing with yourself :p~TL~

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Bedawyn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Symphony of the Night! What a masterpiece that was. That game and System Shock 2 are the only two games I've ever completed twice. I'm considering adding Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines to that list.

Vladamir Begemot and Time Lord like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Deux Ex, the original, is in those lines for me. Its sequal was a quarter of the game that the first one was, despite having the same design elements. The primary problem with the sequal is suffered by Shroud. Very little NPC development.

I wish Vampire didn't have so many damn bugs.

SS2, I played through a few times (worst end game ever though), and multiplayer with my brother and friends, it was amazing. All three had of these games had a lot of interactivity.

Jaesun, Astirian and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.