The Virtue League Season Three <EVL> Wednesdays @ 7 PM NBT (10 Aug-19 Oct 2016)

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Brickbat, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

[​IMG]

Every Virtue is Lasting <EVL> cordially invites you to The Virtue League Tournament every Wednesday night at 7 PM NBT (Central-Server-Time)!
    Looking to break into the PVP scene but don’t want to be matched verses established players? We have you covered with two divisions, one for the newer less experienced player and one for the cream of the crop who have something to prove!

With NO ENTRY FEE and a sizable quantity of teleportation scrolls for the winner of each division there really isn’t a better time to jump into action.

The Virtue League Tournament is using our own custom ELO rating system to determine the division split with tournament competitors added automatically to The Virtue League providing a long term challenge.

The Champion of Virtue will be crowned at the final Virtue Tournament and will reign supreme until the next champion is crowned three months later. As reward the champion, runner-up and third place competitors will each receive a STORE CREDIT PRIZE for their efforts of $50, $30 and $20 respectively and thanks to our sponsor LOTC we will be presenting a Fight of the Week feature with prizes.

Season Three begins Aug 10th and concludes with fights on Oct 19th.

So don’t delay, sharpen your swords or bring the popcorn and journey to the Chaos Caverns underground at Virtue Oasis on the Hidden Vale.

Teleportation avatars are Jade or Jar Laxle.

The Virtue League is sponsored by:
    House Serenite of Grunvald ( http://houseserenite.enjin.com/ )
    LOTC
    Rat's Nest ( https://novianratsnest.com/ )
    The Brickport Family of Towns
    Cottage Grove ( http://cottagegrove.enjin.com/ )
    Avatars Radio ( http://avatarsradio.info/ )

V/R Brickbat, Every Virtue is Lasting (EVL)

1.) Unranked competitors will initially be placed based on their HP and Focus pool size.

2.) If a competitor wins the lower division two weeks consecutively they will automatically move up to the higher division regardless of virtue rank.

3.) You must remain in non-combat mode until the referee begins the fight. There is absolutely no pre-stacking of skills allowed.

4.) Pre-buffing before a fight begins is not allowed, however buff food can be consumed prior to the start.

5.) After each fight there is a 20 second window before the bracket will be updated, it is at this point any disputes may be lodged with the referee.

6.) Participants must fight a minimum of 21 matches and actively compete in the final tournament month to be eligible for the virtue cup.

7.) You or a representative must be available at the closing ceremony to accept any rewards earned or face forfeit.

8.) We ask that attendees be respectful to each other and do not PVP on the Lot during the tournament, doing so may result in a temporary lot ban.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Ember

Ember Avatar

By the way @Brickbat, I was directed to that previous thread by the Community > Events page on the official SotA website: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35475. So a friendly suggestion that maybe you can pass on to the proper people: if EVL has a central simple webpage or guild site with a general flyer of the event, get someone to poke Portalarium to link to that page rather than the old forum post. Thanks again for directing me here! I'll have to come by to check it out next week!

Vox Aquila and Time Lord like this.
  3. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Vox Aquila, Ember and Time Lord like this.
  4. Warin

Warin Avatar

Hi, is there any videos or streams of the fights in EVL?

Also, anywhere you discuss the fights? Like a forum or reddit. I'm guessing it might mostly happens on guild forums behind closed doors.

Vox Aquila and Time Lord like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Great virtue league fight that came down to the last second for both of us.

6. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

A big congratulations to the House Serenite fighters!

Fizzlebang won the Tier 2 event,

Mac came second in the Tier 1 event.

Plus a great effort from Z and Belgtor. We hope to getting more House Serenite fighters involved soon.

And well done and congrats to the winner IR and everyone involved, this is turning out to be a great season!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That was an epic fight starman. Never seen people last so long with so little hp left, like 30 seconds of under 50 hp of each person. I know what I would be thinking, comon, comon, comon comon die already. That is one definite way to keep the observers on the edge of their seats. I would give that fight of the night.

Time Lord and Warin like this.
  8. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

So fun! Do yourself a favor and attend this event!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Xeethrax

Xeethrax Avatar

Unfortunately for us europeans, 7 PM servertime is about 2 AM, on a wednesday night no less.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

The EVL Virtue League had another great event this evening with a new record of fighters. 29 contestants vied in 3 tiers to win their share of the prizes. Congratulations to our 3 winners, Froji , Belgtor Stalkingwolf , and Jack Pirate who each went home with 15 recall and 15 teleport scrolls. And the winner of the Fight of the Night was Kor who received 2 COTOs as his prize. A special thanks, as always, goes to our sponsors this season, House Serenite of Grunvald, Baron Drocis Fondorlatos, Governor of Rats Nest, Avatar's Radio, the Brickport family of towns, the town of Cottage Grove, and LoTC the sponsor of the fight of the night.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  11. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Yeah its an NA thing.

Time Lord and Audacity like this.
  12. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Last night had more amazing fights, folks don't know what they are missing. :D

13. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Greetings.

Would be nice to host a pvp event like this for EU playerbase too, or maybe a bit early time to cover both timezones.

I was there yesterday and I think that I was the only eu member in the EVL ts (sorry if I'm wrong). I did not participate but I really enjoyed the event, so thanks EVL and friends to make this possible.

Here my streamed video from yesterday: https://www.twitch.tv/isvrada/v/88247915

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  14. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Thanks, @ISVRaDa
    I'll talk to the council members and see if we may be able to host another event earlier in the day; possibly on a Sunday.

15. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Congrats to this week winners at last night 28 Sep's event:
    Tier 1 - Ir
    Tier 2 - Umuri Maxwell

This seasons' standings are at: http://evlguild.com/virtue-league/

V/R Brickbat, Every Virtue is Lasting

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Xeethrax

Xeethrax Avatar

Any news on this front? :)

Rada Torment and Time Lord like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

We are gonna need to write up a virtue League policy on the use of food now (food buff). If I recall right, we were ok with it when it was just +1 health.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. null2

null2 Avatar

Audacity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.