The world of Ultima, from a LARP perspective

Discussion in 'The Kingdoms of Old' started by Lord Tachys al`Fahn, Feb 16, 2016.

1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ah I thought he might have be called the black dragon :) because of his power...

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

The Black Dragon and Olympus kingdoms were on the Lands of the Dark Unknown, separate from the Lands of Lord British where Wolfgang originally made his home.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So he never made it into the main story ?

I'm curious because after all I just followed a streak of luck and all I did (including killing mondain) was due to the help of my Xorinite "friends"... breaking the gem was a total accident (I was heavily affected by Mondain's magical aura so I struck randomly and was lucky), as was destroying the atlantic shard (xorinia led me step by step, no merit there either)... well mostly an accident at no point in the story I saw the big picture and understood what I was doing.

I seem to be good at destroying things without meaning to... but I'm missing so much info, even after replaying many of the older titles (I had forgotten most of the story since I had played them at a very, very young age).

Thats why I love you guys for no letting it go :) I'm kind of sad there isn't more fondness about this genius story and that we have to let it go because of corrupt people @EA's.

I'm also curious, when I met with "dragons" in UO they were extremely interested by the wisps, they would gather around like I was some seasoned storyteller and roleplay like we were living the dream.

In fact on pacific and atlantic, people did not see me as the hero, rather the anti-hero or underdog and people were really loyal to me, I didn't desire anything so I guess that wasn't hard but I still wonder what happened to all the "dragons" I knew.

We have many, many of you around here but none seem to be that interested in my history or why I came back. There isn't much talk about the wisps either, even if they are present in the moon magic tree and obviously will be part of the story.

Ol stranger is kinda confused :) Where did the "dragons" come from and why aren't you all united anymore ?

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ok its coming back to me now... I knew I had seen this guy somewhere :

They are speaking about the wisp time machine, it only raises more questions however, why is there so much twisted truth in that story ? Did the kings and rulers not know they were dealing with the xorinite ?

Did Lord British know what using the green emerald amulet to summon me would do to me ?

Didn't anyone know that the moon gem could heal the sun ruby from Mondain's magic ?

Did they push or program me to destroy the gem ?

Yea I look silly now do I... :p

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

If Lord British really understood what summoning the Avatar would mean, he probably would have avoided the huge repair bills and insurance premiums that resulted every time we visited Britannia :p

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Maybe Lord British knew but likes to watch the Chaos unfold?? ;)

Ahuaeynjgkxs and HoustonDragon like this.
  7. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

We'll meet him in Shroud someday, and yoink off the mask to reveal Lord DarkStarr underneath, while he curses us meddling kids :p

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hehe but there were many avatars... there are and will be many more... but I'm speaking about the emerald gem that is embedded in my chest and was also used to run the time machine.

That magic gem belongs to the dark queen, which I am bound to because of my peculiar destiny, using it to summon me again would have dire consequences, which in fact happened.

I guess he did not know, or maybe someone manipulated him into believing it would only summon me.

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hmm :

strangely vanished... dire consequences...

I understand many avatars have replayed my story (which isn't my story) and are all equally worthy, its all fun and games until I'm involved.

As soon as I look for proof of what I have seen in my visions and astral travels, its there... and its scary accurate.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The Silmarils :

[​IMG]

The sun ruby, the moon sapphire and the emerald of the earth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

fft

From Lord British visit in old britannia :

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Funny what happens when no one heeds the message from Xorinia's emissary :p

They gather around some fireflies just posing for the camera :p

13. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

You're mixing UO story with the original Ultima games. From a lore standpoint, when the Gem was shattered, there were millions of "shards" created that were copies of Britannia, that each went along its own path and history, but completely separate from the Britannia Prime timeline.

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is sure what the guardian wants you to believe... but with the cosmology we have and time travel involved, I think you're just beginning to dig deeper :)

I would say thousands of shards, not millions... I know since I picked them up myself and tried to fix my clumsiness in the most pathetic way possible. Many parts were cut out of that video, at least someone *tried* to make me look like a hero in some other dimension. :p

15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

When we're dealing with EA, nothing would be too surprising, but no. From a lore history standpoint, UO =/= Ultima series stuff in context. Now if Tachys wants to pick and mix for his LARP thing, that's his business :p

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm just taking it from a LARP's perspective... huhuhu :) So the shards of UO are a copy, but they're unrelated... hmm.

That sure doesn't make any sense :)

HoustonDragon likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So indeed, EA is controlled by the guardian... and they want you to believe you cannot cross dimensional planes and time travel dosen't exist :)

HoustonDragon likes this.
  18. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Then if you wanna dance around with sparkly vampires while chasing Death Eaters, that's your bizness :p

It does make sense, since from the UO backstory, the Gem was tied to Sosaria, and when it asploded (along with removing the other three realms), it basically took a "snapshot" in time of that moment, and then each separate timeline existed to grow along their own paths and stories. Interestingly, it was part of the premise of UO2's background, where LB decided to Crazy Glue the whole shattered mess back together, and cram it all back into one timeline. Things happened, shenanigans were done, and Blackthorn ended up crippled and almost dead, hence the weird robotic construct we saw later reused in Blackthorn's Revenge. :D

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The fourth gem of course is Feanor.
    You're getting there...

The gem could have been healed with the moon sapphire and the spirit of fire, or the fourth gem which is bound to time and death (saturn), but I doubt that wen't well indeed.

Do you have a passage talking about that part of the UO2 lore ?

20. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

The prequel stories are available on the Ultima Codex Wiki:
    http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Ultima_Worlds_Online:_ORIGIN_Prequel_Fiction

The Britannian serial is the one that deals with the restoration of the Gem of Immortality by Lord British and Nystul along with the civil war that erupts with Blackthorn. The other stories were dealing with the new races that were to be introduced (Meer and Juka) but have some interesting stuff in it.