There is no Pk in SotA, only Consentual Virtuous/Antivirtuous

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Sold and gone, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No it is not, that's true.
    But posting guards helps. There is a point where the average griefer gets tired of getting killed.

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    In the arena you cannot shoot from the stands you have to enter the arena. guards *multiple if necessary* can handle even you themo. Vengeance used to pride themselves on protection of tourneys. :)

Atogrim likes this.
  3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

You know how hard it is to get already some people to take part in an event, but if you have to organize also 10 people to guard the event and do other jobs on the event this event will not realized.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Then don't do it in an pvp area!
    If you can't organzie it, let it be.

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I can sympathize with you of course. The facts are still the same however.

Atogrim likes this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

This all is like: Oh I want to do a car race! But going 250mph is dangerous! I don't want that! So I try to force everybody to use bobbycars!

blaquerogue likes this.
  7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

They can stop me from killing everybody, but not from stopping the event. It is half fixed already anyway, and soon will be completely fixed (fingers crossed).

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

If they want to bust your event they will find other ways to do so.

9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

at the moment yes most definitely, but with the future option to put a pvp arena on a non pvp lot (ban permissions) with a non pvp area for spectators it will make certain event types possible again.

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I hope you report said person(s) since that is not griefing that is stalking and harassing and I have seen people warned (usually works) or silenced or banned for this type of behaviour already.

PS> Does /nozone prevent you from zoning, or does it prevent people from zoning to you? If the latter it might be an in-game option for a mechanic that won't exist come launch, at least in it's current state.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

In that particular case i just put them on ignore, but yes it is something that should be reported.

12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Why are you crafting in a well traveled area with a PvP tag on? Thats just crazy.

blaquerogue and Atogrim like this.
  13. Net

Net Avatar

This is a really good point many PvPers seems to miss.

There is option to avoid all PvP and there is option to be open to all kind PvP. There is almost nothing in between with the exception of 1v1 duels (and semi broken OH arena). But there is huge potential in controlled PvP (especially for various events which are not 1v1).

You have no idea how easy is to interrupt an event and guards will never be able to prevent it. They might kill the aggressor eventually, but they will not prevent interrupts. Invisibility, no lot restrictions (not to mention unbalanced skills and zoning) give extremely big advantage to anyone 'forcing' PvP on others. You may say that it is what the PvP zones are all about but once we get more than 2 troublemakers than Portalarium will not be able to take care of them personally and without game mechanics allowing us to actually have control over events, it is quite likely people stop doing them.

I would really like to people arguing for uncontrollable PvP no matter what to try to organize event when they will held Gustball match and guard it to prevent interruptions from other PvPers.

Well, I think it is crazy to kill crafters in front of guards*shrugs*

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Net, it is not the pvprs fault that an event was created using pvp mechanics.

blaquerogue and Atogrim like this.
  15. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

so, is it virtuous to passive aggressively disrespect a pk because they are a pk and there is nothing they can do about your passive aggressive disrespect? Just askin' since someone brought up the subject of 'respect'. How is a game possibly going to handle this in regards to a virtue system?

16. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Totally agree. Do not complain if you have a PvP tag turned on.

I have turned on my PvP and i am still very low level. I ran into a dungeon and met 2 nice others who had PvP turned on.
    I was aware that i had no chance of getting away, so just did innocent and did hpe they might not notice i have my Tag turned on.
    They killed me within seconds. I got from them the confused question why i turn it on as i am a easy kill and no challenge. Why i not wait until high level.

Well they do not understand us players who need challenge. Who need some force, forcing us to play thoughtful. The need to pre plan a trip, to pre plan escape routes and adventures.

The true reason why i turn it on, is because those 2 players have been one of the rare, if not the only suprising element that would have required me to react to a situation out of randomness. I think by the way one was Themo Lock. They helped me afterwards finish the Hat Quest.

But: I would have loved if they could have gotten some reward killing me. I would have loved them loosing Virtual Standing. I would have loved if i would have been able to report this to the Guards. I would have loved if this hole situation had some purpose forcing me to react with more causion.

I still hope very much that we will see all our conflicts get a meaning, and even a little penalty.

Then activating open PvP at the Oracle suddenly is truly different. Currently not much difference for me.

Also if they ad this, it will mean players will act far more thoughtful. If you have Fame, Standing to loose, you might not just kill without a reason.

17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You realise you are talking about peoples reaction to murder in a fantasy medieval setting right? A lynching is the more likely outcome than the keys to the city.

Albus, Katrina Bekers and Gaelis like this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

And why do you think that if the guards are not more then a decoration at the moment?

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

To anyone that wonders from whence my distaste for PvP comes, this is a perfect example. Were it simply for the competition, I would have no problem with it, I would likely even participate at least occasionally, and why I've reserved judgement as to whether I will participate in PvP in SotA until after the community forms post-launch. If this is any indication, I shan't be participating.

20. Net

Net Avatar

No, but it is their fault if they want mechanics securing the event removed or not implemented.
    I do not think it matters. I just disagree with the whole notion that PvP should be about mindless killing each other limited only by the game mechanics (i.e. without any respect to the world, lore and others).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.