Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

They Fixed Control Points

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Knightguy, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

How high is good enough to hang with all the cool people?

2. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

You are so wrong in the way you assume this is a problem, first of all, you assume all the high level players exploited to get high level which couldn't be further from the truth! Most everyone I play with including myself grind zones mainly solo to the mid 80's-90's before even being able to crack a CP! Which also wasn't just a loose ball of dps, it is a fine tuned group of players with certain skills and running tight tactics that are not exploits but rather a in depth understanding of the skills open to us! You are also using time frames based on your perception of time played. I bet you didn't consider the high level players playing 10x the hours you do in a day/week/month? The problem is clear, casual players are bitching about levels because they don't play as much as the high levels! In the end due to the exponential nature of skill building, players will catch up overtime and this argument will be mute! Second the assumption all high levels have more gold then they know what to do with is just that, an assumption, if you only knew how much I've spent to be on the CP instead of running the chests would make you cringe, in the end, I am pretty much broke! So I'll be back to grinding loot for gold in no time as I cant even afford the regs to partake in a cp at this time! So please take this into consideration, it seems to me that you and others complaining about this subject are doing so with assumptions from a one sided perception of the situation!

3. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

I run tours for noobs, so I would say there is no restriction in my books as we are all equal and digital levels are just a measurement of time spent playing a game!

discipleofweb likes this.
  4. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Hi @GoldDraco72-

I think you may be making some assumptions about my assumptions. :)

You are correct- and as I've mentioned elsewhere- the main differentiator for high level players is simply the amount of time they have available to play. I have no complaint about other players being well ahead of myself, or even if they are using exploit-y tactics to get there. I don't see myself in a competition or race to the endgame.

What I'm talking about is high level players complaining when exploit-y loopholes get closed. What you're talking about is casual players complaining that the loopholes existed in the first place.

Again- bottom line is- if the control points were functioning as intended, the dev team would have left them alone.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Control Points still give like 500k XP an hour to each member of the party, right? This isn't good enough to still do despite being fun?

6. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

If you run in smaller packs you can achieve those numbers in some cps. Unless they've tweaked Vertas pass again it wasn't even close to 500k, so much so it was more efficient to solo grind in DR. At 80+ you can make between 100-200k soloing the mobs in DR easy with the proper skill sets. We've found that the other CPs tend to give more than Vertas, but none at 500k, instead closer to around 400k. Again this is just my observations off the tests ran, and they may have changed since, now that we're getting multiple patches aday.

7. LikeAfox2

LikeAfox2 Avatar

Nurfing the xp at CPs hasn't really fixed anything. For the people that have been running groups for awhile now, they are strong enough to do these CP's with less people to earn relatively the same amount of exp. Instead of needing 8 people, they can do it with 3. With 8 people, the average xp/hour was around 600-750k. With 3 people, it was about 1.5-1.8mil. With the current changes 8 people would yield about 300-450k I believe and 3 man is about 750 to 1.1mil. They have also made it a bit harder to do the CP and the spawn is a bit different.

For example, by nurfing these CP's and making them harder or less rewarding to do as a group. There are now 3 man parties selling their time for gold/resources. There is now a monopoly of experience as a commodity at CPs.

The one flaw in nurfing all of these xp strategies is it only hurts the lower level players. Players at higher levels are able to adjust and figure out another way to benefit. By making the mas majority of low level players not being able to do CP's anywhere near an efficient manner, they will now need to sell gold/resources to achieve desired xp.

Do I think this is wrong? I can swing it both ways. But if the end game is to get 1 skill to max level at 200, then lets do some math.

If you think about it. It takes about 1.2mil to gm most adv skills. From 100-120, it takes about 16 mil. To get to lvl 200, it takes 16 BILLION.

16,000,000,000 total exp
    1,100,000 exp gained per hour
    14,545 Total hours needed to grind
    1818 Total days grinded at 8 hours per day
    4.98 Total years if grinding 7 days a week for 52 weeks/year

With some basic and probably wrong math, If this persists the player would need to grind this CP for almost 5 years to get 1 skill to lvl 200. Thats 8 hours a day, every day for 5 years. If someone has that much dedication to the games and does play that often (which these players most likely do already) then they deserve to be at a higher level and can do these strategies that most everyone else cannot. That's the way of life. If I am studying about the world economy and estate planning/investments. I deserve to get paid the amount I do because other people cant or don't have my dedication or ability. So, with that in mind, there is really a cap on skills going past 110 or even 115. This might be more of a problem with PvE, but i have seen plenty of people Alvl 90-95 kill people 110+.

Anyone can become a Realtor and buy and sell their own properties, all you need to do is to pay $800 for the test material and pass. But people would rather pay a Realtor to do it for them because they either don't have the time/energy/ability to do it for themselves. It's more efficient to another activity and pay that individual.

Do I think these are exploits? No.

The goal that Port has with their skills is to make them complicated and let players be able to figure out which skills work well and which skills work horrible together. By taking the time and figuring out what skills work really well, and designating other players to use certain skills, they are able to achieve greater results.

An exploit is not being forced to patch to the latest release and having 2 accounts going in The Rise looting the amazing chest near the Lich Room. After gaining millions of gold and not having their account reset and walking away a very rich person.

Having Nodes in certain areas/random encounters instantly re spawn and farming that for 6 or 12 hours..

Having an item that will never break and automatically fails when enchanting and no loss of gold ingots so you can get a free lvl 200 if you have the xp for it and save 10s of millions of gold.

The reason people are complaining is because that xp gained wasn't a loop-hole, it was an legit strategy. Now, I agree with the chests being nurfed, that was a pretty hard exploit. 10 or more people running around looting 5 chests every 3 minutes with no regard to death. Easy 20k gold/hour to each person in the group plus unlimited gems.

Did this rant accomplish anything? Probably not.
    Do I feel a little better? A little.
    Could it be ignored? Probably, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.