Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thieves and scoundrels

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Jon Redbeard, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

Why is everyone trying to rip me off on their player vendor?

If you are rich enough to own your own home, throw us a bone why don't ya?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You don't have to buy things at the vendor though? It's for other rich players to buy things. ;)

Us poor ones have to go scrounging for our own goodies and undercut those higher priced ones so we can get some of the cash flowing in our directions so one day we too can go pay for overpriced goods.:D

3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

"Because 49% of you are dependent on government, and will never take responsibility for your lives, and it's not my job to worry about you." - Mitt Romney

Also, in an unrelated statement, Ben Carson has confirmed, once and for all, that the earth is only 6,000 years old.:eek: Not realizing of course that SOTA itself has been in pre-alpha for, what, 7500 years now?:p

KIDDING!!

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Actually I have a vendor in Soltown specifically aiming for the new folks.

It sells plague potions for 50g, health/focus for 22g.
    Then basic gear like replacement weapons for 2g to 6g. Some basic replacement armor for 3g to 5g for shields and 50g for plate and such things. Tools for 1g.
    Sometimes for those who are just testing things out I also place the beginner area quest items for 99g like "a key to a house" and quincy's stuff and such things for those who want to get testing faster and might not want to repeat the same quests every time.

Expect more hints and such in that lot once I have some spare time to rebuild my "Welcome Outlanders" lot with full deco showcasing the funcitonality in SotA so that the helpful folks of the community can show new arrivals the different things that are possible. Etc.

I had a public chest last release but some folks couldnt grasp the concept of not taking everything. So I think that a dirt cheap vendor is more effective for the purpose.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  5. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Mitt was right. Carson was wrong. Go to this site and see a 50,000,000 year old human foot print. Also notice the dino's foot print beside it. www.biblestudysite.com/1stage.htm
    So much for evolution. Bet they wont be teaching this in schools.

6. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

It is certainly taught in the Royal Captain Jack Sparrow School of Drinking mate!
    [​IMG]

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Nice Spoon!
    I had Monkeysmack's Armory last release with 50g repair kits, 1g arrows, and everything else was very cheap to help new players. Unfortunately, I'm moving cross country so I don't have time to do that this release. But, if you talk to other players in game and in IRC, you can usually find someone to give you a leg up. It's a very friendly community. :) Many times, people are just showing off their stuff on the vendor. The high price is so items can be seen but not actually taken.

Spoon and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

I don't think a lot of people realize how much time and effort goes into crafting. Let me give you a run down on making a set of plate armor. It takes 432 Iron ore, 24 copper ore, 54 tin ore, 3 nickle ore, 192 raw cotton, and 54 Suet. This is for White Iron armor, Constantan Bindings, and Fustain Straps. This will put 2 Int, 2 Dex, and 2 Str on the suit. If it crits it will add another 3 int to the piece that crits. If it does crit then it takes more components. The leggins and chest will take 2 extra sheets each in order to get the +3 upgrade. The others will take an extra 2 bindings for the upgrade.
    Now. Best I have done in the Crag Mines is average of 63 ore per hour. That is a little more than 8 hours of mining. I don't even try to calculate the hours it takes to get 192 raw cotton and 54 suet. It is way more than the 8 hours of mining. I never even started getting suet until I was in my 30's.
    Farming the components to make armor is a Job not fun play. So if you see a suit of Crited armor on the vendor for 50 K. Stop and think how much it takes to make it and your out playing the game and I have a Job. Blame the Dev's. They are the ones that made it so it takes 27 sec to mine 1 ore each and not to mention the failures that takes up a lot of time mining. No wonder most people doesn't like crafting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.