Things i'd like to see changed or fixed

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by catch22atplay, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catch22atplay

catch22atplay Avatar

Yes there's a lot of things that still need work. Quests not updating etc etc. However i'm sure those are in the works. The following is what may or may not be changed in which i find rather annoying.

Gathering-Why oh why is there an animation that makes your toon go around the resource node? This can be up to 359 degree route. Besides it being slow it can also cause you to die. My toon died yesterday from this as he went 270 degree route and walked into lava. Why can't i just ht F and start mining that node?

Crafting-This is as above more or less. Again there is an animation of walking. Why is there an animation of walking x paces to a certain point before i can craft. Why can't i just press F and craft? Why all this extra wasted walking animation time?

Walking or running by an NPC-Why do they cause me to walk extra slow. Seriously? So annoying.

Walking on the Novia map-I can maybe understand walking gets slowed because of walking off the road. But there currently does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. Please just remove this feature as it's just annoying even if there was a rhyme or reason.

Seriously the above are extremely annoying and a waste of my valuable time. And if i die as a result then it's fubar imo.

That's my short list of wasted animation time that make this game slow as crap which in turn makes it boring.

P.S. Jumping needs some serious work. And walking over obstacles. And the combination of the two. By obstacle i mean like the entrance to a building, etc. I can't move forward because of an elevation change of >6"? I can't press spacebar while moving forward. I have to stop, hit spacebar, then move forward. I shouldn't be stuck to begin with and i should not have to stop just to hit jump. If you hold spacebar down the animation looks like my toon keeps getting lower and lower even after a few seconds. Hard to tell how long i actually have to hold down spacebar to achieve maximum jump height. Change the animation time to more closely align with actual time required to achieve max jump height.

2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I have to die yet from gathering animations but es, veryannoying

3. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

You can harvest stuff quicker or use a table quicker if you walk closer to it. You can tell easily from looking at a tree which direction to cut it based on the branches. Rocks not so much, you should aim to surf the ore as you smash it.

I would love to have seen you die in lava harvesting that sounds hilarious.

Just yesterday I was looking at the ghost skeleton remains beside cotton bushes and ore nodes in Deep Ravenswood laughing at all the ways people had obviously died while trying to farm resources. It was actually very entertaining speculating on what their last words might've been as spiders ate them.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

+1) I totally agree on the jumping part, it seriously needs some work.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well believe it or not it did get worked on. Once you learn it more it can be interesting and challenging. I am thinking of having a Simon says jumping event one day. I have a couple of ice challenges I created to practice.

Feeyo likes this.
  6. catch22atplay

catch22atplay Avatar

Well i see crafting and jumping are fixed for R53. Mucho thanks devs.

I haven't checked all of the jumping. Do we still get stuck walking over an obstacle greater than 6 inches? Stairs in some houses work this way as well. You have to jump the first step or you can't go up. Again i haven't checked it yet. Gathering i've not checked either.

I appreciate the fixes so far. :p

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Nightsong

Nightsong Avatar

I agree with most of the Original Posters comments.
    But the 2 most frustrating things to me as a Newish player are:

• Bad Maps

• & trying to find a corpse I just killed to loot it as it is buried in the dirt with only a little toe showing I have to hover over the general area until it says "loot" or cursor goes green so I can loot it.
    However, whenever I have died my corpse is in plain view on to top the dirt.
    Maybe some NPC's sign up for the "Instant burial funeral package"?

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes jumping feels so much better in R53. I did not have any problems anymore on QA. So good news for a lot of players :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.