Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Things that block my view

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Barugon, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Quite often there are things (like trees) that block my view. It would be nice to have an option to make items that are between me and my avatar transparent so that my view is always unobstructed.

coder1024 and Pedro Luis like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol hmmm, is there a particular instance you are talking about. I don't know if that would help the game since we are wanting to hide behind things to avoid being hit sometimes. So they can't see us and we can't see them type of thing. But who knows just my thought on what you said. I just wonder what you can't see that you would like to. ;)

SmokerKGB likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here I can't see my character and I'm being attacked.

[​IMG]

Just to be perfectly clear, there's never a time when I want to hide my avatar from my own view.

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

If I'm in that situation I zoom in (by using the mouse wheel) - so you can effectively slide the camera through the trees. Of course you do have to adjust to the "up close" view.

And if you keep scrolling in you will get a first person view.

Hope that helps.

Katrin Bekers [PeV] likes this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It should be possible to do though.. at least with trees. I don't think currently supports cut-away geometry but visibility of trees and other placed objects should be possible if not already planned. I would imagine that it simply hasn't been a high priority and hasn't been a major concern for most. I agree that situations like in the screenshot above is a nuisance but little more than that.

I think I would be a little disappointed though if a feature like this isn't in before launch.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmmm well I'm sorry if it sounded like I wasn't being understanding what you were going through Barugon. You are right you should always be able to see your character. Thank you for the picture you posted to explain what you were trying to say. :)

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

good idea! if the line of sight from the camera to the player is obstructed then turn anything along that line partially transparent.

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

To further expand this nifty hint: using PgUp/PgDown keys, you can quickly switch from all-out zoom (the one I prefer, to better control my sorroundings - with PgDown) to next-to-first-person (PgUp). This is way faster than rolling the mouse wheel like mad because a tree suddenly prevents you from seeing your enemy.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  9. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

zooming in/out is a workaround but it doesn't address the original concern which was to be able to view your char even when they're obscured by something between the camera and the char. you might not want to zoom in, you may want to view a wider angle. this is why I think using partial transparency for objects between the camera and the char might be a good approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.