Things you DON'T want in Shroud of the Avatar or want improved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toxic_Knight, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's why they limit the game to 1 character per account. There are not as many 5 account people out there, thus lessening the amount of alts. It's the best strategy to take if you're against alts, which I am. So I fully support the limitation.

I like it when people are held accountable for their actions. I realize that many people will avoid being held accountable through the use of alts, but I take pleasure knowing that they had to spend $45 a pop to accomplish this feat.

Blazer Ta\'kier and Phredicon like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Don't give into forum fatigue, Sir Frank. It doesn't become you.

Lord Albert and Sir Frank like this.
  3. Rampage202

Rampage202 Avatar

Nobody on the team has ever said anything in support of people buying multiple accounts,
    - doing so to have an alternate character online would be considered an exploit, not a feature.

- the game isn't being designed to support that kind of playstyle;
    -nobody has said that directly and they've actually mentioned they may change that in the future, but in RG's ideal implimentation I think it's an important aspect of the game.

4. Drocis the Devious

A common exploit that has been around since the beginning of online gaming. Which also happens to increase revenue, so I'm sure they'll be putting a lot of resources into fixing this problem very soon.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

:rolleyes:

Mordecai likes this.
  6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Problem is not multiple accounts in theory, but the things that multiple accounts allow. To me the detriments are three: first, it becomes an advantage for those who use them since they can form a closed economic system and provide for all their needs. Second, it reduces interaction in the world. Third, the game becomes just a rote matter of leveling up. If you make a choice on something, you just come back with the other character and choose the other option. It becomes a routine matter of ticking of all the options to see what that option does. It doesn't make it a story anymore for the person who plays this way. For the achievers who just have to do everything - ok I guess. But I would start over for the same effect.

I actually want to be dependent on a community for crafting things I don't need rather than wasting my time building up a crafter of every type. How boring! Much more fun to talk to the person I buy from, explain what I need, work with them on it. I want to get into the game as a particular type of player. I want to interact with one person and not five schizophrenic personalities. Who are you today John? Oh, you're the evil PKer and yesterday you were the humble blacksmith. Turns out they really end up not being that different. Single characters make for a better experience of feeling like I'm in a different world.

Just always remember multi-account supporters that it doesn't just affect YOUR experience of the game.

7. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

+1

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There was a huge thread about this and quite a few people were for the one account idea. Why not have one account? We will get lots of skills, not all, but lots of them. We can be both a master crafter and a master adventurer at the same time. That's not bad. I don't see the problem with purchasing another account. Perhapse they will offer a discount for such a purpose like buying an addon.

9. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

+1 NO raid instances.
    +1 NO PUG groups.
    +1 UO style chaos.

I have no problem with one character per account but I do know for certain come episode two or possibly even before that we will get a second character slot.

Mark my words :)

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Do you mean to say that I bought all those extra mule accounts for nothing? :eek:

sakuraba likes this.
  11. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

What a fantastic idea. Great way to get to know the neighbours.

Hazard likes this.
  12. monxter

monxter Avatar

I don't want multiple characters, at least for episode 1, perhaps not even later. Alts - been there done that. If we had alts in this game I would also play the story multiple ways and have mules and workers and just powerlevel and -craft all by myself. I dont want that to happen, and it'd be hard to resist if we had that choice. To me it's great to be forced to focus on one character.

I don't want global chats, hopefully people will gather and socialize rather than instant messaging people from wherever they are. Group / guild chats I don't mind though as it'll otherwise be done outside the game.

I don't want completely independent players - I hope that in online modes people will use the services of other players more or less.

I don't want stupid in-game animals, predators should hunt the players and animals we hunt should flee if you don't have the skills to approach them unnoticed.

*edited, forgot the number 1 from "episode 1"

Mordecai and sakuraba like this.
  13. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I don't want a bunch of "back seat drivers" micro-managing and pushing the Devs into catering to thier personal fantasys.

Atlaua likes this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Especially if they are the minority opinion.

BillRoy likes this.
  15. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I don't want anyone to openly express their opinions.

BillRoy likes this.
  16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Or to have fun...we need to stay on task and that means quit messing around!

Mordecai likes this.
  17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Was that what i said Mordecai?

I thought it was clear I was responding to a quote about devs catering to a minority opinion.

So please don't put words in my mouth or put your twist on what i stated clearly.

18. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Avatar

Lettuce (I can't stand lettuce)

Isaiah and Mordecai like this.
  19. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

You are correct to detect some criticism in that post, but it was not directed at you. It was directed at BillRoy (not in a malicious way though), because I felt that his post implied that by sharing things that we don't want in SotA, this thread was attempting to micro-manage and push the Devs into catering to their personal fantasies. No offense is intended towards anyone, and while your post was a bit snappy, I appreciate you not insulting or otherwise laying into me.

Miracle Dragon and Isaiah like this.
  20. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

:eek:

I wasn't commenting on this thread/post, but every other one in the forums. Sorry to cause a mis-understanding.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.