This Add-on store!$!$ Angry Rant @ Devs Incoming . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legenis, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legenis

Legenis Avatar

Rant 1: 13 custom houses for Village, ONLY 3 for Town and 1 for City .... WEW sucks to be the guys who paid mucho dollars for backing this game. Where is the love. Also!!! Sandstone and old brick (cough Adobe) houses are my fav style of house IRL ... yet you didnt make one for Town plots. BOO!

Rant 2: Fences! Duh freak! TWO fences required for Town and THREE for CITY!!!! Devs! WTF! We are buying 0's and 1's, not real fencing you made IRL. And don't start talking about how players should buy more cause they have more land, RP BS ... If you want to play that, lets see. FFA killing w/ FL, let chaos or order rain. Oh and NO MORE ZONE WALLS! Don't argue this with my money! Please.

Rant 3: Price Scaling ... Town home models $170 for a black tower, $75 for a tree house, and $45 bucks for a rustic shack. I see ... make a stone house, dye is black ... yeah people like black dark stuff ... moar money! Oh wait... City Homes: $350 for an Air Ship, $100 for an Adobe Brick house... OMFG this ship flies? $$$$ cha-ching. Oh, this looks like a run down fort in Texas? Meh $100. Guys stay consistent in prices.

Look, this game is great. It has potential. Stop nickel-and-diming people. Keep your prices consistent. And stop charging out the A$$ for things that you know players will want. This isn't AT&T!

Keep trying to Nickel-and-Dime your followers while riding the UO/RG name. And watch this not last longer than a year or so. Because you try and convince a new player who doesn't know UO or RG to play this game and he sees those prices . . . well good luck.

Your followers will buy your eye candy add-ons. Sell them at a fair rate, without market inflation, and you will sell more.

2. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

I will have to see how they plan to change the store once the game is launched. If for instance every single type of house is accessible in game through various means, but may be challenging ( Example: Grandmaster Blade, Blunt, Polearm for the Warlords Fort; Grandmaster x amount of Spells; Get the dragonslayer house from the badge from a % drop from a dragon, ect ).

If something like this is done than I could see the exact same house being sold ( maybe a different skinned version. Like gray brick if you bought it with $$$ and dark black/white if you earned it) to help with revenue. Fencing for instance to be earnable/craftable in game, maybe with some rarer recipes to help out to keep it rare and sell it high.

Personally, I enjoy having some objects only obtainable by in game means, and everything on the store obtainable both in game and with cash. If I know I want to be the best tamer in the game and tame a dragon and have 120 taming - a house would be a nice reward. Does not mean I would have anywhere to put the house, but still.

Achievement rewards to compensate for the store is all I am saying. It is still too early to tell how things will be. For all I know you just have to pay real money for everything. Bows, Arrows, Reagents. Who knows.

Just food for thought.

3. Dark Wombat

Dark Wombat Avatar

They are catering to the whales. It is unfortunate.

amaasing and Ice Queen like this.
  4. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Whales? Really? That's constructive.

I understand to some extent the message of the OP as things seem to be a little shotgun lately and all over the place. Legenis had a point to make at least. Do you Wombat? If so then please make it without the name calling.

Duchess Wyldemane and Jacqueline like this.
  5. Legenis

Legenis Avatar

Oh I want 90% of the items to be only gain-able in game. But the company will have to make money, pay its employees. etc. So there will always be items on the store. The Add-on store is what keeps the game alive. Cause without money this game would not exist. That being said. The store needs balancing. Its live now, there isnt a point in waiting on launch. It accepts money now, items appear in your beta account. But the prices are insane. Not so much high, just unreasonable.

6. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Hows that working out for star citizen? With a 15k pledge and 70,000,000 raised verse a 12k pledge with 7,000,000..

But Understandable though regardless in the whale comment.

7. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

True. And good point.

In any case, let's not hijack Legenis' thread with this nonsense. I'll quietly back out now.

8. Legenis

Legenis Avatar

I dont mind $5 tress and $12 fence, devs got to eat too. I do mind seeing that if you own a city, you have to buy 3x $12 fences. I do mind very high priced houses because devs inflate prices instead of having a standard price (ie $25 for village, $50 for all town house styles, and $75 for all city) not a range based on hype ($350 for an air ship). And I do not like how the 'cheaper' village size houses have increasingly more styles over the larger, higher tier, houses.

9. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

You are, as everyone, entitled to your opinion. People spend money on what they enjoy. What is worth something to you may or may not be worth that to someone else. I do not much care for the term ''whale' as it is negative. Everyone spends what they spend on their hobbies. My brother has spent a fortune on his Mustang, as an example. And I don't even much care for Mustangs. I DO really love the Town Druid Tree though but I can't afford it right now. I also am saving for my PC build that is looking to be around $2400 right now. This rant as you have posted is kind of misplaced I think as you simply have an option to not buy something you do not feel as worth it. Yet from your own words, you might if you could afford it I think. As far as fences, would you prefer the devs to just have a set price on a single piece of fencing? (Oh god please don't)

In regards to house models, perhaps more variety at the upper tiers would be nice. However I believe larger houses should cost more. And special houses even more still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.