This chest is currently in use

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Sirius Sternwarte, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'm just starting to look at R30, not sure if anyone else has noticed this recently. When using interactive items in my house like containers, chairs and lights it seems that a double click on the item is much more likely now to try and move the item than interact with it. It is very frustrating when I try to turn on a light instead it moves on the wall, or when I try to open a chest it shifts slightly on the floor and I get a message box saying "This chest is currently in use."
    Is there any way to lock items down like in UO, so they are effectively static until you unlock them? Alternatively is there a way to disable decoration mode until you tick a box to enable it again?

Jynx and Lord Barugon like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I am getting that error message a lot in R30, and assumed it was because of my uncoordinated double-clicking. You reminded me that I should turn off decorating mode until I really plan to move stuff. There is a checkbox "Enable Decoration Mode" in the Game Options. Thanks to your post I just deactivated it. :)

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Culaan and Lord Barugon like this.
  3. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Cheers Kara I knew you would have the answer to this one :)

Kara Brae likes this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There is also a hot key that map to nothing by default that you can set to whatever button you'd like.

5. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i have noticed it is happening a lot more this release than in the past. it seems like the sensitivity to stuff is way higher than it used to be, I know that doesn't make sense but that is how it feels.

Lord Barugon and Kara Brae like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I keep getting the error message about not being allowed to pick up npc buildings with the npcs still in them every time i mouse-move in the bank. Think they tried to make targetables activate with the reticle, which is of course on the building anywhere i look when I'm in it. Think it's a bad idea for the reticle to activate deco-moving.

Siriustar and Roper Docholiday like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.