Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This feels too easy!!!

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by liz_the_wiz, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's crazy. I must be playing the game all wrong.

Time Lord and liz_the_wiz like this.
  2. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Yea, no idea why heavy armor has avoidance on it. It has some skills that give it as well. It feels as if they are forcing you to take up plate with the bonuses it gives. I play a archer, always in light armor. That said, at times i think that i must be the biggest masochist around for doing it. Especially since i use NO healing magic at all. I gmed all active skills that increase dodge and avoidance. Ice shield, evasion, dodge and fortify defense. All of them are always running. It's that or death...

I recently aquired a set of Bone armor and i have to admit that it helps a ton. I now have a avoidance rate of 66% when all active skills are running. It's really helping with keeping me alive. Problem is that it requires a ton of items to make. Some of those are a real pain to get. Then i see someone in founder plate running by and killing foes left and right..... Let me ask this, give me one good reason why i should use light armor?...besides personal prefferance. And don't say movement speed cause they upped the speed of npc's so far that i need to use the sprint skill to stay ahead of them. Still find it weird that some npc's in heavy armor move as fast as i do in light armor. It must be...magic? *shrugs* Oh wait, it's a anti kiting measure, which was the only reliable way to stay alive in light armor before they did this... Fizzle rate isn't one either since i do not use spells besides douse and ice shield.

Heavy armor = easy mode
    Light armor = nightmare mode

Can we please get some balance between these? Better yet, bring back MEDIUM armor!

...back on topic...whoops?

How easy it feels really depends on what skills you are using and where you fight. For me fighting in a tier 5 scene with only melee npc's is much easier then to fight in one with mages and archers. Since my build is based on avoidance and what can't touch me can't hit me..well they wouldn't hit me if there wasn't lag..:p Also, i think that earlier levels should go up fast and should be easy. Makes the game a lot more fun earlier on if you don't get killed every other fight. I think that after level 60 or so things should get to start harder, but that's just my opinion.

Net and Time Lord like this.
  3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I've been playing for years - as a mage - and am getting nowhere fast these days. It does sound like melee/magic or heavy/light armor aren't balanced.

Black Tortoise, Time Lord and Net like this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Odd, they considered death mage as the thing to be, and now earth mages.. over any melee..

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

I feel the same. Because Heavy Armour doesn't seem to give me any penalties for stealth, I'm going to spend a week or so trying it out. If running around with "no-skill" Heavy Armour ends up being better than having level 70 Dodge and Evasion, I'm going to flip some tables.

@liz_the_wiz has shown two builds with a few things in common: Earth magic and Tactics being over 100. There might be something there... He/She is also investing in Sun, Air and Life magic and Subterfuge to some extent. When you look at both builds, the biggest difference is the choice in weapon (both at around 320). My own personal experience with Blade tells me that the weapon isn't what's causing him/her to have an easier time... unless Whirling Blades and Coup de Grace are the deciding factor.

I certainly had a way easier time in combat situations with my mage when I played one prior to persistence. Played a "wizard" that used every magic school as evenly as possible. Turned all of the training "on". Didn't bother with any of the Light Armour or weapon skills. Had a dagger for only when I ran out of focus.

It wasn't easy mode... but compared to my Subterfuge, Blade, Light Armour build (where I watch carefully my XP intake, micromanage my skill training and be very careful to aggro only 1 or 2 mobs), my "wizard" was essentially god mode.

Black Tortoise, Time Lord and Net like this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Light armor is fine, just need to get avoid/dodge up. We tank the bosses a lot of with light armor

Time Lord likes this.
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Gix as explained i started as "love" so I started with solace bridge, so I started with the air, and other skills you get with that, but Im not using them.

Im not really investing in sun - only thing they use is light.. thats it
    air - only stuff that comes with the initial bow selection - and I dont use any of it

if it helps settle arguments I made a polearm this morning.. by the time I came out of sbo, the 2 skull area seemed easy I could take on 4.. sure I needed a rest after but. I could take on 4 with a 1h spear and my shield. Again, basic gear no + anythings, not even a hand made weapon

rather than post a shed load of pictures here :

Void: http://imgur.com/a/Iyobd (this is after day 4 mind)

Fi: http://imgur.com/a/OWLbj

PS a low archer who can do the same area

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

@liz_the_wiz I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or anything nor am I trying to fault you in any way.

Blade, Bludgeon, Polearm, Archery... I think it's pretty safe to say that the choice of weapon isn't the issue.

I'm just trying to find the discrepancy because, from where I'm sitting, the game is borderline impossible to solo unless you out-level the area completely.

1 skull: I destroy anything in my path without a care in the world.
    2 skull: It's pretty easy but I can get overwhelmed if I'm too cocky.
    3 skull: It's do-able if I'm lucky enough to get one or two dudes at a time. If the dude is "yellow", I'm fighting for my life and I may not survive even if it's a one-on-one fight. To make this a fair fight, I need to quaff tons of potions (health + poisons).
    4 skull: Run.
    5 skull: Running only delays the inevitable.

And at what level, pray tell, does Dodge need to be before we stop getting annihilated while wearing Light Armour?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have GM Dodge but I find avoidance is great. At 37% percent with Fortify Defense and Ice Shield. That stacks with whatever Dodge you have.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well fi is wearing light, and bugger all of it at that, and .. shes doing Ok too

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Gix

Gix Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I think early game heavy armor is better then light due to the defenses on heavy being better. But later on, they both are good once you raise your defense skills and also buy better armor.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@bigta1982 true, but Fi is litterally wearing +1 boddice, +1 kilt, and a wooden shield and a hammer.. her adv of course when it comes down to it is the corpse explosion

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

O I believe you, I just think for someone who brand new to the game and doesn't know about the defense types and skills, heavy is the easier option. For a mage, a shield is also super helpful for defense.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@bigta1982 yes, much as I never tried to be a tank in EQ tanks were always supposed to be easier in the sense stand there whack it.. heavy armor reduces your damage taken you just need to work on killing it before it kills you.

also the shield matters hugely,. obviously the wooden shield for casters as it has next to no fizzle. but the 6% of say the imperial heater shield sure helps add onto that heavy armor. Sure. pretty much everything has a high fizzle rate, but void in his tanking hopes is there to stand and smack hulk style.. void smash... hes not there to flouncily wave his hands cand cast spells at things.. just rip their heads off and move on

Time Lord and Boris Mondragon like this.
  16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

No wonder it is so easy for you, you are savage :)

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Gix

Gix Avatar

Shield does make a difference (I wouldn't be wielding one if I didn't think so myself) but I doubt that's what makes the game "too easy" for you.

Your thesis is that you start a new character and, after a day or two, you breeze through skull 4 areas. It's like we're not even playing the same game.

Which would be fair, except that @liz_the_wiz is tackling mid-to-late game content on a brand new character with a relatively low adventurer skill level.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

I hope everyone here realizes, when release happens and player flood in..... the value of your gold with drop! Like rock bottom!
    Inflation is going to sky rocket.

Horde your assests like wood and ore

Time Lord likes this.
  19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I didnt get my 1st dan by picking flowers :p

however, maybe I need to start selling my skill and making some $ ouf of it :p haha cos clearly ive finally got a nack at sommat.

Black Tortoise and Time Lord like this.
  20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

PS now void is doing single wolves in the 5 skull areas.. with the spec you see above

Time Lord and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.