Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This feels too easy!!!

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by liz_the_wiz, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Charging an attack is a toy for the youth, nothing is more reliable than just tick-tick-tick auto attack. It is possible that in PVP while your foe is running maybe charging your attack might deal a bit higher burst damage or for archers a charged attack that crits could do more damage. In the end auto attack for wins everyday all-day!

V/R Brickbat

Gix and discipleofweb like this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

For melee Id use auto, for ranged I use charged. the difference I guess is its hard as a human to charge and mash keys.. where as auto does half of it for us

Gix likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I found that auto-attack is much more efficient for me as I'm moving around and combining and using glyphs. Remembering to charge attacks while doing all that is just too much. Also, while charging an attack, you can't use any glyphs.

Gix likes this.
  4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Only the supremely accurate halberd of vanquishing is worth charging. ;]

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I only charge. Auto attack is a blight on this game. (No offense to Mr. Blight).

Yet really I mostly use glyphs.
    Btw, we discovered that sneak attack works with bows as well so I'm going to try out if it works effectively tonight.

(I have 50 in every melee tree skill at least for ease of testing).

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

You can use glyphs while charging; it'll just cancel out the charge.

I've been using free-attack since they implemented it and haven't looked back until just recently.

I'm still looking for the discrepancy between those who say it's too easy and people like me who have been struggling since day one. I'm adventure level 54 and I just started being able to solo 3-skull content.

I've done it on many occasions... it's kind of "meh" but, then again, my archery skills aren't that great. A shame that Subterfuge doesn't really have many skills that benefit archery.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Barugon likes this.
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@GreyMouser Skye perhaps for example here, I was just determind to xp, and did little else you've done things, taken time to enjoy the scenery.. group and go places, craft a fair bit, that sort of thing - if you're ever insanely bored and need to kill your insomnia.. Void for example his life is entirely documented on my stream

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. I also found that I only get very little more damage over time using free-attack and that's if I'm really on top of it.

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Well.
    I found with repeated tests i was doing more with charged attacks then basic auto attack with archer.

That being said, i charge attack before a fight starts while stacking, release, glyph glyph and never normal/charge attack again... as i just use skills to fast.

Your finding auto attack with bow better DPS then charged?

( I also understand in PVP i auto attack for sheer convenience/intterrupt, but i still assume it would be less dps compared to purely charge shots vs auto shots ? ) very interesting.

10. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I don't think so @Gix This guy is heavy and my second guy Blade Savage is light and both can do 5 Skull areas easily (both are blades users). Although I do use earth magic to get my strength and HP up, by Adventurer level 55 I was soloing 5-Skull areas with Blade Savage who is blades/dagger based.

He is currently 74 -474 HP, 508 Focus
    [​IMG]
    Details on current trees ->http://imgur.com/a/f7CeI

11. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

So it's "easy" because you can handle some "specific" areas where your build, skills, gear, etc can handle some of the mobs in a 4 skull zone? That is not "easy". That is just you tackling what's easy for you at the time. I'm sure there are plenty of 3 and 4 skull areas which can still kick your butt. It's easy to get overwhelmed by some spawn areas, especially so at lower levels. Hell, even at higher levels you can get too cocky and get wrecked not paying attention or playing to your strengths. I agree with the others that posted the OP come back when they hit Adv Lvl 90-100 and had more time working in more zones and leveling up more skills then say if its all too easy then.

12. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I hate charge attack with bows (I'm lazy that way), but I find the attacks with it are WAY more powerful. So I would have to agree with you. Auto-attack on bows does not seem to be as powerful to me.

13. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Auto attack with bows equipped is just a waste of arrows really.

liz_the_wiz and Net like this.
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I agree that the way to make this game challenging is to wear light armor, use a polearm, and invest in subterfuge.

Using heavy armor, blades, and just a lil magic = like having cheat codes on ;)

Light Armor needs some improvements, Heavy Armor needs some more drawbacks.

Gix likes this.
  15. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I've gotten Dodge and Evasion up; I don't have enough skill to pick up Shield of Ice or Fortify Defense yet. I attempted a 3-skull area last night and could barely get started before I had to flee. I'm using the Royal Founder's Cloth set.

16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You can use Defensive Stance.

17. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Sorry, I've been using a few more as well. Dodge, Evasion, Defensive Stance, Deflect, Parry, Blind, Fireflies.

18. Gix

Gix Avatar

I have a shield. I use Dodge, Evasion and Defensive Stance and it's not enough. I had to be Adventure level 54 before I started to tackle 3-skull areas with any level of comfort.

If your skills are anywhere bellow level 60, they're useless.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Quenton likes this.
  19. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Maybe that's why it hurts for me - mine are all below 60.

20. Gix

Gix Avatar

You can do 2-skull areas but 3-skull is near impossible. If anything I've wrote in this thread can attest, I've been there. You'll noticed that once you start getting skills beyond level 60 that the game will just "click" and, not only will you be able to do 3-skulls.... you might feel adventurous enough to cautiously sneak in 4-skull areas too.

Why it has to take so god flippin' long is beyond me but, again, we're in a forum thread discussing how easy the game is, so there's a giant discrepancy between player experiences.

Difficulty curve is messed up.

Quenton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.