This game has been taking backward steps since R12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampthing, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Nope I enjoy it because I like the added difficulty it adds to combat. Im not a point and I win type of fella. If you don't like it sorry for you, I like it, what's it to ya? Don't need store credits to say anything in a post. I say what's on my mind as I read through most of the trash posted these days.

Sara Dreygon, Acred, uziraff and 3 others like this.
  2. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

jordizzle u probably don't even play this game u probably sit around and roleplay and play the lute all day.

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  3. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Oh you and Jacob are talking again? Since you got upset about some IRL comments, Kicked everyone from his guild and rage quit for a little bit, come back with some constructive posts then folks might listen.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Nope.

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Haha yes, this is a funny title, meant to incite us into attack hehe :) Anyway, it is clear this player has not played for a long time, pay no mind, only casualties here :D I've been here since R13, and it has changed more than you know it seems.

Sara Dreygon and Budner like this.
  6. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

guess this is what happens when a real game pvper posts against a role playing community.

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

sorry the rest of us pvpers can't fit in with you cool kids.

Kaisa, Sara Dreygon, Acred and 3 others like this.
  8. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

That release Ignite Weapon was over powered and yes everyone used it. That is not exploitation though, that is just using an overpowered skill in the game. Nothing ban-able about that. If your friends truly were banned it was for something legitimately warranting a ban. You are right, I am digressing. I'll stop.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

We are still testing and creating this alpha game, you can play a finished pvp game if that is what you'd prefer? I know this game is rough around the edges.. and this game is still too early for most to play.. perhaps you should come back at a later time, when the system has matured, I'd suggest at least December.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

One should never complain about getting bans for exploits. Real PvP players should compete on skill, not exploits. And there is a nice PvP community in SotA that operates just fine without exploits.

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I gotta say, on this part I kinda have to side against you. They aren't paying you to be a game tester... you are paying them to LET you TEST the game. If you don't like stuff, give constructive feedback about what isn't making it fun for you.
    Then either help them improve the PvP experience or hit a different game until this one is developed and balanced more. I'm annoyed that some of my PvP only friends gave up and quit trying to get their concerns voiced.

Personally, I'm on the side that current combat design is not going in the direction I enjoy or want. However, they are doing lots of things better than when I first joined up in R13. For those items that I detest, I post about them and try to get them changed.

Yeah, how inconsiderate of them to actually be building the game when I am wanting to play it right? 8^)

12. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

You are right, I don't play this game at all. All of the feedback I've provided in my nearly 480 posts on these forums are all based off of speculation and stuff.

Actually I play every release, Not hardcore because I work a lot, but if you'd like I'll meet you in game right now and we can duel. I'm only level 38 and I already have my PVP flag up.

13. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

I would but only have my laptop that can run every game but of course not shroud. Too laggy with its poor engine. Maybe when I get home this evening.

Jordizzle likes this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

There are still a lot of things to get finished, but I've been pretty happy personally with the improvements to the engine (especially with the newer optimization), and overall with the gameplay. I'm not as invested yet in really grinding out a lot of stuff until we go permanent in July, but there has been some good effort so far to me.

Hope you find something you can enjoy :D

16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

For pure PvPers, this is not going to be a preferred game. It's just not in this game's DNA. Not yet anyway. I think they'll end up with OK/decent PvP eventually (it's sub-par now IMO) but what makes this game attractive is a broader, richer playing experience well beyond PvP. If you're just here to fight, you're in the wrong place. SOTA will never match up to games that are geared primarily toward the PvP crowd. It's just not a high enough design priority relative to all the other stuff they're trying to do. Not judging, just saying.

Personally I love good PvP even though I'm not very good in most games. In SOTA, I view PvP as occasional entertainment as opposed to a main attraction.

17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Good ole forum PVP thread.

Budner likes this.
  18. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Any time you want to duel just let me know. I'm here for the PVP also and I must admit it is hard to find PVP outside of scheduled events. I put up my PVP flag immediately after getting my character created basically and so far the only PVP I've come across this release is when someone Non-pvp flagged attacked me in Owl's head a few nights ago.

19. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

~facepalm~

enderandrew and Thadeus Crook like this.
  20. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

What are you? From steam?

I'm having a blast... Just passed level 40, starting to buy all my crafting tables and decos, I don't see anything wrong with the game, it's coming along just fine... I've learned this new targeting system and everything is getting smooth as silk... I can't wait until they dial it in even farther... WoW, I don't see why your being so negative and hating on the game as you are doing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.