This game has been taking backward steps since R12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampthing, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Boring... But to each his own...

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Cuz he's from steam, hasn't got a clue...

3. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

How am I from steam? Lol. I've played from the beginning and uo since 96. I still play uo. Most people know I've been on here forever. Just not forums, or roleplay, or pve. Quit being a hater just because I think this game sucks now. Ive always stuck up for it but its constantly getting worse.

4. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

Are we playing the same game? I am having a great time. Maybe it is just that this game isn't for you, not all games are for everyone.

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Well, I wouldn't say anything currently is smooth as silk, but otherwise I gotta agree. There are things I don't like but it isn't unplayable (except for all the crashes and what not).

6. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

This game is getting better and better with each release.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I would have to agree the game isn't unplayable its def playable, just after a bit of playing i lose interest. R30 is coming up though! My biggest gripes at the moment, and they are just that Gripes are the targeting system, lack of meaningful PvP and not enough to keep me engaged long term.

However i think this is expected with a game in development. Though personally cant say i have been excited with the direction the game seems to have been going in my point of view, there is still some time to have changes come in. I think post R30 is where ill get confirmation or proved wrong on my current views.

8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I was actually refering to "performance", although my rig can handle any high requirement game these days, I don't notice any performance issues, but the many crashes leaving scenes, yes, and with 32g of RAm those are huge memory leaks... I just restart the game without any hitches... I have plenty of faith in the Dev team to hunt these issues down and it IS early developement, so I expect issues, but there have been suprisingly few... New systems like targeting, alway take a few releases for everyone to be happy enough to go practice it, once you've got some experience, it's usually better, but some you just can't please...

9. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Ok you think the game sucks ... maybe its time to find another game?

10. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I would say hes backing the game just like anyone else..... so if he feels like posting the game sucks, why cant he? Even though its not very constructive feedback he is voicing his opinion which may be shared by other backers... good for the devs to know when people are happy or not happy whatever the case is. Sure most of it is prob just considered "noise" but i think he should still be able to post his views.

11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I think that, despite the lack of virtue in dealing with the subject (and you, its proponent), the main thing that is being brought to light by the post count is a simple one. If you have liked and supported the game for the year and a half since you claimed it was last worthy of your time, your post count does not reflect that level of devotion. It is great that you have devoted thousands of hours to the data they have mined from the server to come up with some of the changes they have implemented, but some of those hours could have more directly impacted the development of the game in the form of some constructive feedback and bug reporting.

That is the message I would glean from these responses, even in the ones that suggest finding another game to play.

12. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Where did I say he couldnt post?

Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  13. Selene

Selene Avatar

Hmmn? did you say something? I couldn't hear over the sound of my lute playing and pie baking. Mmmmn.. pie.

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Curious how the engine gets the blame in all this...

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Not quite sure where this whole thing over posting on the forum equates to absolute support of the game.

There are times where trying to give 'constructive' feedback doesn't work...........sometimes stating something for what it is a much better approach, and if that offends then maybe it was intended and is a small price to pay for someone to open their eyes and really fix the issues.

In terms of Swampthing quitting and finding a new game?......well I hope he doesn't.........in saying that I wouldn't blame him if he did. After all i'm two steps away from throwing in the towel myself right now.

16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Because the devs have said there are current known issues with the Unity engine that they have been trying to work out with the vendors for the last 6 months.

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Specifics or did they simply say there is an issue? Either way, that's always the case with an engine. No matter what engine is used.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would say it's current issues with bugs in the engine coupled with over stretching in terms of pushing content.

19. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Not saying he should quit, and not saying he HAS to post in order to truly support the game. What I am saying is that if he has problems with, and has had problems with, the way things are going for a YEAR and a HALF... perhaps speaking up sometime during half the development of the game would have been in order? And yes, speaking up in any fashion would have been preferable to not saying anything until it is pretty much too late. I'm all for saying the unpleasant truth if I believe something could be better, even if it means I can't say anything more about it due to a ban or some such.

Moiseyev Trueden and Moonshadow like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What's the problem with that? If that's what he enjoys then that is what he should do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.