This just happened...

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Womby, Feb 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

I asked ChatGPT to write a play set in the world of the game Shroud of the Avatar. I provided no additional information.
    This is the answer from ChatGPT:
    Sure, here's a play set in the world of Shroud of the Avatar:
    SCENE
    A tavern in the city of Brittany. Two adventurers are seated at a table, nursing tankards of ale.
    ADVENTURER 1
    So, have you heard about the legend of the Black Sword?
    ADVENTURER 2
    What Black Sword?
    ADVENTURER 1
    The one that's said to be cursed. They say it was forged by a dark sorcerer, and whoever wields it is doomed to a terrible fate.
    ADVENTURER 2
    I've heard of cursed weapons before. But where is this Black Sword supposed to be?
    ADVENTURER 1
    Legend has it that it's hidden deep in the dungeons beneath the city of Ardoris. Many have tried to find it, but none have returned.
    ADVENTURER 2
    Well, I'm always up for a challenge. Let's go find this Black Sword.
    ADVENTURER 1
    Are you sure? It's said to be incredibly dangerous.
    ADVENTURER 2
    I didn't become an adventurer because I wanted an easy life. Let's do this.
    (They finish their drinks and set out for Ardoris. After a perilous journey through the dungeons, they come across a chamber with a pedestal in the center. Upon the pedestal rests a black sword.)
    ADVENTURER 1
    This must be it. The Black Sword.
    ADVENTURER 2
    (Reaching for the sword) Wait! Are you sure you want to do this? We don't know what kind of curse it might bring.
    ADVENTURER 1
    I've come too far to turn back now.
    (He takes hold of the sword. Suddenly, the chamber begins to shake and the air fills with a dark mist.)
    ADVENTURER 2
    I knew this was a bad idea!
    ADVENTURER 1
    (Shouting above the noise) Hold on! I can feel the power of the sword coursing through me!
    (The shaking and mist gradually subside. The adventurers are left standing in a newly formed chamber with a dark portal at the far end.)
    ADVENTURER 2
    What have you done? You've activated some kind of portal!
    ADVENTURER 1
    This is it. The path to ultimate power. Come on, let's see where it leads.
    (They step through the portal, disappearing from sight.)
    THE END.

Ancev and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

I asked it to continue the story:

(As they step through the portal, they find themselves in a desolate landscape. The sky is dark, and the ground is covered in ash and rubble. In the distance, they can see a towering fortress.)

ADVENTURER 2 (Surveying the landscape) What is this place?

ADVENTURER 1 I'm not sure, but I think we're in the Shadow Realm. This must be where the Black Sword leads.

(They set out towards the fortress. As they approach, they are attacked by hordes of undead warriors. The adventurers fight their way through, using the power of the Black Sword to vanquish their foes.)

ADVENTURER 2 (Out of breath) We can't keep this up forever. There are too many of them.

ADVENTURER 1 (With newfound confidence) Don't worry. The Black Sword is making me stronger with every swing. We can do this.

(They press on, and finally reach the gates of the fortress. As they enter, they find themselves in a throne room. On the throne sits a figure in dark armor, wielding a sword identical to the Black Sword.)

DARK ARMOR FIGURE (Standing up) So, you have come to challenge me. You think that by wielding the Black Sword, you can defeat me?

ADVENTURER 1 (Stepping forward) I didn't come here to challenge you. I came here to claim what is rightfully mine. The power of the Black Sword.

DARK ARMOR FIGURE (Chuckling) You are a fool. The Black Sword is a curse. It will bring you nothing but pain and suffering.

ADVENTURER 1 (With determination) I am willing to take that risk.

(They engage in a fierce battle, the clash of their swords ringing throughout the throne room. In the end, the Dark Armor Figure falls to the ground, defeated.)

ADVENTURER 2 (Stepping forward) You did it! You defeated the Dark Armor Figure!

ADVENTURER 1 (Breathless) I couldn't have done it without the power of the Black Sword.

(As he holds the sword aloft, a blinding light fills the room. When it fades, the adventurers find themselves back in the city of Brittany.)

ADVENTURER 2 (Stunned) What just happened? Did we actually go to the Shadow Realm?

ADVENTURER 1 (With a newfound sense of purpose) We did. And we emerged victorious. The power of the Black Sword is mine to command, and I will use it to bring peace and justice to the realm.

(They exit the tavern, ready to face whatever challenges come their way.)

THE END.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That would make for a pretty fun quest.

Cordelayne and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I find the curse unimpressive and confusing.

If the Dark Figure was an adventurer, too that found the Black Sword before and had it longer - why did he think he could win? Why are there two - or more? - black swords?

Where is the curse?
    I could accept if "killing" the Dark Figure actually freed it from it´s prison in the fortress and now the guy is possessed by an evil spirit...
    Or that the "Black Sword" is the intelligent sword that is the actual ruler of the Shadow World and slowly feeds on the life force of it´s many, many wielders...

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

amusingly, there IS a door in ardoris sewers that takes more than one to open

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Nice!
    However, I do appreciate darker stories too. In my version, Adventurer 2 (the one with the sword) would now be locked to the throne and Adventurer 1 sets off alone, pondering the lesson he just learned: don't mess with powers you don't understand.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would have died laughing if at some point one of the adventurers tried to shakedown the other fot COTOs.

8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Adventurer 1 should have been stuck in the throne room imo

9. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Everyone is a critic until they become an unaware internet based chatbot trying to write plays in a video game world.

10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I found it surprisingly interesting, got me hooked until the very end.

That being said, there are no players hanging around in SotA's taverns.

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Occasionally I am. However there are Taverns in most of the cities so players are spread thin.

FBohler likes this.
  12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It is pretty cool that its responses were contextually appropriate. I think people are playing with this thing like you would a baby or a fortune teller. Its funny to watch and expectations are low and most will ignore it after the amusement wears off. I actually think it is wrong to use it for creative content even if it gets good at it. Creative doesn't really mean anything if it is not actually created and controlled by humans. This could become the greatest source of plagiarism mankind has ever seen. You can't say you created it, if a bot made it.

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.