This made me extremely happy, botters down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

2. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

"Sorry... I am #TeamAtos. The Titan bringer of tears known as Atos is glorious."

Awesome

4. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

What would have made me happier is if he had issued 3 day bans first then posted that. As it is now bottlers got a free pass for past actions.

margaritte and nonaware like this.
  5. Koss

Koss Avatar

I am happy as well. BOUT DAMN TIME!

Chatele and Daedwax like this.
  6. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

@Chris is the man! Awesome work at keeping the game safer for all of us!

Sentinel2 and Daigoji Gai like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree, but the fact is that they have just made a change in decision. Previously, crafting macro was accepted, thus the reason for no 72h ban on the spot, which is a good decision

Chatele, Daedwax and Mac2 like this.
  8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Yah, a little slap on the wrist at least would have been nice, but who knows, maybe they did in the most egregious cases?

Daedwax and Daigoji Gai like this.
  9. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Fair warning was granted.

[​IMG]

10. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

This is good news. I would ask though, can we get a way to pull more water out of our wells..... Maybe I missed it if there is because I am still sitting there clicking the button and trying not to bang my head on the desk after 5 mins.

11. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Yes, because banning people for following the rules is a great plan o_O

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  12. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

[​IMG]

13. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I actually banned a ton. We just have some new server side metrics that make this much easier to find. Also, I did issue a number of bans for unattended adventurers. The warning was more for the crafters of the world. I would have issued bans but there were several dozen people on in the past 24 hours botting 10's of thousands of wood pulp. I'm giving them some leeway because we had said we would overlook it in the past but that has been abused to an insane level.

Chatele, Daedwax, Jaesun and 10 others like this.
  14. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

YES... I will figure something out for this for R55.

Chatele, Daedwax, Almar and 33 others like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks. That's a real panful aspect of SotA.

16. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Believe!
    The Ban Hammer of Balancing Nerfiness exists.
    Praise Atos, The Titan of Sorrow (+tears) and the Ban Hammer of Balanacing Nerfiness!!
    [​IMG]
    P.S. I am not saying that to kiss arse for archer love.

Daedwax, Jaesun, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  17. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Add an other topic in forum but will post it here. @Chris I know why devs have to look for this botting for the wellness of the game. But like I said on other post, your example for wood pulp is right and same apply for ores when transform into ingot. But I had first to pass some endless hours farming for the basic mats and now that I want to transform them into primary recipes component I need to pass other countless hours (some I don't have because I have a life outside sota and when I play I want my playing to be fun and not exhausting) looking at my char on a station.

I will prefer get less experience from crafting basic component or none at all than grinding this aspect of the game. Other way theres no point to jump in crafting and waste so much time, just stay on adventuring through novia.

Bjorn Dyonisys

Chatele, Almar and K1000 like this.
  18. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

As with buckets of water you wouldn't have so many people boting wood pulp if it wasn't so dang Tedious!!!

Long been a complaint and needs some "LOVIN" Please and Thanks.

Almar, Witcheypoo, Jaesun and 7 others like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

THANK YOU, Chris!

Gathering Water is the Only Thing in this game that would move me to 'bot'
    I've even considered, though not implemented, getting Alt Accounts to bot water until they're banned, and then simply getting another...

20. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

Just my 2 cents, transformation of material doesn't add any fun factor the game.....at all, for me at least. I can agree that transformation shouldn't be instant transformation, but hey when people are dealing with thousands of raw mat how should they transform it, manually? there got to be a cost to transform mat of course, but does it has to be active play time?!? People who are playing this game are people of my generation born in the 70s or in the 80s, have a familly, career, etc...with limited play time. When they have some time to play it`s not to emulate a robot batching some mat transformation, it`s to live adventure, gather with friends, feel emotions, etc...

Should we really waste our time "transforming mat"? The effort from the game developper side should be, I believe put into making sure no one macros "getting mats" (mining, harvesting, etc...) or "getting advanturing xp" (killing mobs). I'm 100% againts this kind of macro but as Chris sais :"....this botting (crafting botting) does little harm to the economy...". If it doesn't harm the economy and make the players spend their time on more attractive aspects of the game, then why ban it? OK, as Chris said also :".... it damages the fairness of the game. If some players bot crafting, all players feel they need to do the same to be competitive" and this of course causes a problem if not all the players have access to the same tools to progress through the game. Solution? Give access to that botting tool in the game for all the players, you have already partially done it through the batching skill. Problem is that this skills doesn't help at all when facing months and month of mat gathering where you have ovber 20K of some mats or even more and also it doesn`t take into consideration the players who had put their efforts and made decisions into mass producing in order to make money in the game.

I believe increasing dramatically the batching skill for crafting would be a good compromise (300 or above when GM) would not be too high. Thiking about it, let say GM batch would allow you 300, what the difference between me doing 15 times (double click on transformed mat, entering 20 and then clicking on craft) or me doing once (clicking on the transformed mat, entering 300 and then click on craft)? Ok the second option i would probably save some time, a little bit, but fact is I`m doing the same thing the only difference is that in the first example you are forcing me to micro-manage, to stay focus on the computer when there is no real need to it. Also I acquired the mat legally, by properlly mining or harvesting and now i need to double the work by transforming it manually? (it`s more than double the work, try to figure out how much time is required to transform 10K of raw cotton) it`s like a job, it`s a real chore. Maybe the solution lies in a drastically high increase number of btach count (i.e: 500 for GM) and at the same time an increase of processing/transformation? likewise, there will still be a cost in time associated with transformation, but will be dealt in a more mature way that having to stare at the screen?

What are you guys thinking?

Z.

Nikko, Anvar, Cliquet and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.