This made me extremely happy, botters down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Cheaters buy the game each time they're banned. People who leave the game because of cheaters weren't going to buy the game more than once anyway right?

2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

As i said, ethical question

3. Daedwax

Daedwax Avatar

I think the simpler solution is removing the botting. Still even playing field, less work.

I disagree. Mass production is difficult not just because of material acquisition but also because of refinement If you remove these restrictions you're damaging the work those people have already achieved.

I'm not against batch count increases, although the 500 seems well beyond what i'd find acceptable. However this seems like the replacement of a BOT with in game mechanics, why should you be rewarded for being AFK while i'm working hard on Field Dressing Grand Boars or Hunting elves in the Rise?

Thanks for posting your opinion Zurthock, despite my disagreement it is appreciated.

hammadowna likes this.
  4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I would agree to make big batches avaiable if it means that people have to do something.
    So it takes as long but is not as boring...

Daedwax likes this.
  5. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Personally, every item created should be from a performed physical action from the user. Creating 500 items and walking away while it's working is counterproductive to the game. Crafting should mean something.

6. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I would agree if the material requirements to produce a finished product would be A LOT less. Problem is that while refining my ores for example, I start the batch, and play another game in the meantime, then start another batch, and continue playing another game. Honestly , I don't see the point. I want to play Sota, not another game. Maybe crafting in Sota is just not for me. I like being able to craft a lot of items like the game gives us the possibility, but hate the fact that it takes forever to do so (I'm mainly talking about the refining process). There must be a better solution than what we have. Most players I know (including myself) will accumulate a lot of materials during months , and then start to refine them (which will take hours upon hours of boredom).

MFWalter and Baratan like this.
  7. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Just wandering @Chris can I start macro and watch TV or read just in front of my computer or its againts your rules as well?

8. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I fear you have to be bored while crafting, no botting at all

9. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

This make no sense for me as I am actually there... it just free my hands lol

10. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I guess you could do it if Sotaq could have proof you are there too while an bot does it.. i guess.
    So faar it was not acted on until SOME people overdid it (big time)
    As the saying goes " that is why we cannot have nice things"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.