Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This release broke fun

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Phoenix2, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

I don't mean to sound alarmist, and this is truly the first time I've posted such distaste for something in a game but this is where I am at.

I play a mage, I only want to play a mage, I shouldn't be forced to play anything other than a mage...with this release:

1. Due to the casting time on spells (especially mind wipe) my combat lasts much longer. This is not fun for me.
    2. The yellow was turned up so hard on Elysian Illumination that I literally can't see anything else on my screen. This is not fun for me.
    3. The hit points on mobs was turned so much up that combats last much longer. This is not fun for me.

And I've only been playing the release for like 20 minutes now!

I try to keep an open mind, but you just destroyed what I was having fun doing with my character. I had fun with my little sun mage. I had fun with the combat. But literally, within 20 minutes, I logged out and am now playing something else.

Very disappointed!

Night Fury, Arrian, By Tor and 20 others like this.
  2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Agree with all these

3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Maybe try it for more than 20 minutes, could find a new way to have fun?

Adam Crow, Rada Torment and Tahru like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

NO I don't agree. I love it. We have been so spoiled. There are now choices to make, things to consider. More is even coming in that will effect our combat. It is painful to those of us who have been used to going everywhere and doing everything, but the game will now eventually hurt us for this.

The thing is it has made it so we don't have to make choices to have everything being so easy. Choices may be for example in eating, sleeping, consumables, type of armor, skill advancement, strategies, or grouping.

Then If someone has considered all of this and their feedback is still that the easy areas are not good for the new player then we should mention it of course. I'm not saying don't mention of course.

There are a lot of factors coming into the game now to consider, and not all of them are coming in fully at all just pieces of the puzzle which is painful in itself;) So the game comes across as unfair, but later it will be understood. Some of these are resistances, food, (and I'm hoping for 'well rested' bonuses as well). For a new player they won't know of course and we do not completely know but that is discovery for us ;)

And welcome starchldren3317. I am majoria in game. I would be happy to help anytime I am online or pm me here anytime. I say this to anyone. There is so much learning curve in this game, but once you know it is much more fun.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Pikegirl, autodeath, Numa and 5 others like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Hard to disagree with item 2 for sure.

6. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

Yah, perhaps I will grind for another 3 months working on something, only to get knocked back again with a nerf bat.

zyxe likes this.
  7. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

It sounds like you never enjoyed combat in the first place? What can they do to make combat more fun, other than make it take less time?

8. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

Thanks Majoria but I'm in an outstanding guild, and I'm not really new, been playing since persistence. I've really enjoyed my character up until this point. And I disagree that we have been spoiled. Spoiled by what? IMO the game played just fine. I couldn't go solo dragons and deamons and phoenix's, so if the small majority of folks could, don't ruin the game for the rest. I've built up my character (read grinded) to get him to the point I was really happy with. I was playing a mage character, and with this release I feel like I was punished for doing so. And I disagree that everything was so easy. Like I said, I couldn't do group content by myself. I could do solo content by myself, and to me, that is just fine.

And sure, there are a lot of factors and not all of them are complete, but what they have been saying is, here is a start and we are going to make is worse each release.

Simple fact of the matter is: We play games to have fun. I was having fun, and now I'm not.

zyxe, Net, Chatele and 4 others like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well sorry you are not having fun truly. I cannot make it so for you. The thing is, did you read Chris's post on combat changes? Some things are out of whack, some things they did not fully implement. Playing a game in development is not always fun. I can say that from being here almost 4 years. If you can hang in there and give feedback to what you see then that is why we are here. I understand what you are saying. I have felt the sting many times. I am a warrior always, like a paladin type and I don't like to deviate from that too much. ;) but I had to for now adding in the fists and arrow hits and earth etc to play during the changes. It is challenging to all of us, but it has to be done. What we ignore what needs done to balance even if some balances are mistakes or not fully implemented? Anyway this is just in my opinion and I so do not know everything, never have, and never will ;)

Luca Xante likes this.
  10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Im having lots of fun

[​IMG]

Numa, Hornpipe and Luca Xante like this.
  11. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

we are slowly transitioning from easy mode to what the game really is... so brace yourselves, it's going to be a fun ride until release (and even beyond that)... ^_^

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im going to have to agree. Chris went to far with some of these changes. Mobs have far to much hp. All of my 5 skull farming mobs got massively more hi in Sequinna colossus. I went from being able to solo up to 5+ at a time to being utterly raped by 3. Mages utterly slam me now (yes, I have 60+ points in the frie resist skill and over 350 in fire alone for no more use then resists). Im adv lvl 84 killing green con skels. Its taking far longer to kill stuff, leading to issues with keeping xp on the bar and burning far more focus now (which leads to far more time standing around waiting for focus). They said that only fighters got more hp but all the skel's and cultist I have fought that are mage, archer and warrior have far more. Considering since you raised the agro radios so that every skel or cultists within 50 meters argos, its hard not to have up to 5 of these things on you at one time.

Note: I am PvP flagged for +25% exp now with exp problems.

You guys went way to far on the changes and need to dial them back by about half. I shouldn't fear being killed by a few green con skels attacking me at one time.

Now, Im sure I would be doing better if I had all my +11 gear on like before, but I've had to take all that off and put on +4 burn gear so that also has made me weaker.

A lot of combinations all at once for a negative that I just dont think these dev's think about.

I have farmed this spot for 6+ months now non-stop and always kinda had fun even for farming. I did one run and logged out. It actually isn't that fun to play the game now. I've suffered through a lot of changes in the past year and not felt this way until now.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Night Fury, zyxe, Rathmir and 7 others like this.
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Feels like 5 skull isnt suppsed to be compeltly burn through easy when your couple weeks in.. humm

Big difficulty change. feels like when i first started and was worken way through the skull zones.

Im fine with it. game should last me more then 3 months for difficulty wise.

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Hornpipe and Luca Xante like this.
  15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'm not having fun any more either. I was struggling as is with my mage build. For example, at adv level 64 I can kill one (two if I am lucky) mobs at a time in a 5 skull area before they kill me, but a single enemy archer depletes my HP at least by half before I manage to kill it. I'm eating food, but I can't afford to buy special gear with lots of buffs, let alone buff potions. The only positive thing about R36 is that my hodgepodge of spells from all different skill trees may end up being useful after all, but it looks like I will have to start wielding a weapon (currently I only carry a staff) to be able to combat magic resistant mobs. The only thing that keeps me logging in every day is the Oracle's handout that pays my taxes on the guild chapterhouse in Ardoris.

Quenton, Net, Oyjord Hansen and 3 others like this.
  16. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I think maybe everyone's got to re think where you hunt nowadays, explore to find a zone that fits the release, your current build and yes drop down to either 3 or 4 skull areas so you can then advance opening up your tree choices as you go to fight mobs with different resistances etc. I too am a pure mage and I only got to play for a couple of hours yesterday but whilst areas I fought in had changed so did my tactics to kill the mobs and I swapped various skills around on my deck to compensate and adapt.

Nothing in life stays the same, personally I was getting bored in R35 as content was too easy, this makes it fun again I've got to think and ensure I've got the right deck up for mobs that may differ in the same zone opposed to spamming the same old 'win' keys.

Archers became painful in the last release Kara, I adapted there by equipping a shield and raising all the innate skills up then popping deflect up before engaging, worth a try if you haven't got that already. I do agree though cash is hard to farm and personally I supplement mine by farming and selling materials to crafters in guild.

17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Before that, people complained about a far too easy game. The 5 skulls area were not enough. Some asked for 6, 7 or even 8 skulls areas.

Now some people are complaining about a way too hard game.

You know the story - the dogs bark and the caravan moves on.

I'm enjoying the game differently but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. It's way more tactic. Devs are doing tests, watching stats. I trust their vision.

18. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

After 2 hours exploring and testing changes out I must say, fighting mobs is harder now but from my point of view just because focus runs out too fast now. Skelletons still speed up too fast. Brightbone Pass was demolished by a designer. It's a pain to see it now, after it was a very nice designed and tactical area. Now what's left from it is just a plain field where no more tactics are asked, just stupid running and shooting.

Budner likes this.
  19. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Try playing on a Gustball Field with someone popping this. :)

20. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

For me actually it doesn't feel like anything big changed. Still plays about the same (playing pure archer most of the time). So yeah, the melee mobs went from annoying but irrelevant to a bit more annoying, but still irrelevant. I now have to fire about twice the amount of arrows into them.
    The issue for me is: I stopped having fun sometime in R34, but not because I don't like combat or anything. There's just no reward, no matter how much risk I'm willing to take. Mostly due to nonexistend loot progression. (and due to the fact that I play solo most of the time)

Of course, I can grind for gold or XP, just to have some of the yellow mobs turn green or to be able to grind even faster.

All in all I think most of the balance changes are ok (no idea if they make anything better, but for me they're not making anything worse at least). Tweaking the combat system won't make the game great though if there isn't some meaningful progression imho.

I hope loot - or character/item progression in general - will become a priority soon (although I do understand that there are lots of other important things).

GrayFog, Preachyr, Aldo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.