Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This should be simple: No sell

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

There is no excuse for a bad UI. They have been making UI's now for 30 years. There is no need to fight the UI. It should pass the click test. (minimal number of clicks to achieve a result). It shouldn't have hidden effects.

Any idiot can get used to a good UI and think it is adequate. Doesn't make it a good UI.

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

While I like the idea of a moddable UI, leaving the base UI in a rough state and requiring community supported mods is a very bad idea.

Adam Crow and LoneStranger like this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Not every idiot! I still can't go 5 consecutive minutes in chat without my character jumping around like an *******. I doubt I'll ever get used to it, the UI needs some help for sure in that aspect!

4. meadmoon

meadmoon Avatar

I generally don't have the items I would like to sell listed sequentially in my inventory.

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ok this, and a delete-safety or no-delete setting needs to be bumped. Please implement with next release.

I just right clicked my only weapon to equip it, highlighted equip, unknowingly moved the mouse one pixel down and selected delete without realizing it, and then bumped the enter key on the far right of the keyboard/numpad to "confirm" my accidental deletion. It all happened in like 0.05s, completely unintentional. It was way too easy for that to happen. Im not a gamblin' man, and even I would bet on that happening again to me relatively soon, and many others at some point as well. I really loved that halberd, I was racking up as many rabbit kills as I could with it, in the hopes of it getting some goofy title for rabbit slaying in a TBD future release.

It took me like 30 mins to walk to the mine I want, due to an in ordinate number of bandits on the road that I successfully dodged yet somehow still managed to pull me in. Now I gotta walk all the way back home and dodge the same bandits again to go craft another weapon. Such is life. I diddnt really feel like mining anyway :p.

Additional suggestion: Enhance the UI via hovering over an item, and having a keyboard command to perform any action that would come up with its context menu, such as equip. Id like to hover over my weapon in my inventory, and press a key combo like CTRL+SHIFT+E or whatever, and it auto equips my item, no further clicks required. Bonus for simple key command to "equip last weapon."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.