This will break the game. And no, I'm not trolling.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I understood what was said. I was pointing out they validated they knew something was discussed therefore cannot claim the Devs lied about it. That is all.

Envy / Midian likes this.
  2. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Yep. I know. Doesn't make sense to me either. I think it's called, "Don't allow it to happen at all."

Or is it that certain people are following others and harassing them? There's no real telling.............

If I just finished having a conversation with you on one topic and walked into the next room, had a similar conversation with another person on the same topic and you happen to follow me there, would you walk up to me and say, "would you stop hammering people with this topic?" If every single room I went to, and discussed a topic that came up in that room, that was similar in nature, and you followed me in every one of those rooms, accusing "certain people" of "hammering others" - I think I'd feel stalked and not allowed to discuss it with new acquaintances, even when they are the ones bringing up the topic.

I suggest that instead of character assassination, the topic should be focused on, not the person.

[/quote]

3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I heard Richard's words verbatim, that they had discussed the possibility. And then I also know he said they would not sell power with gold. So which of those comments holds more weight? And which one is a lie if they implement selling gold in the game?

Gridley17 likes this.
  4. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Actually, yes...if every conversation you got into within that house happened to somehow end up on the same one topic that you focus on exclusively, you could reasonably be accused of "hammering people" with the topic. In the general case, the ebb and flow of conversation at a house party should be highly dynamic, moving between a range of topics. Unless it's a wake, I suppose...and even then.

Not that these forums are much like a house party, mind you; your choice of analogy is dubious on several grounds. These forums are highly compartmentalized, with different areas set aside to service discussion about particular topics, and different threads in each area that are even more granular in terms of which aspects of each topic are being examined. That is to say that there are appropriate sub-forums and threads in which your commentary about the housing issue that seems to be your sole impetus for participation here. Equally, there are sub-forums and threads in which that topic is irrelevant and unnecessary to introduce.

And I don't think I need to explain how exasperating it can be for us moderators when we get called in, repeatedly, to clean up a thread that has been derailed by the injection of irrelevant and unnecessary topics.

All of which is to say: you count this issue important, and good for you that you do. Please, for the love of all things holy and mundane, keep that topic to its appropriate place within these forums. And if you want to participate in other discussions in the forum which are not directly related to this topic that is so dear to you...well, we do actually encourage that. But please, in turn, stick to the subject of those other discussions.

And while you're at it, don't make unnecessary and unsubstantiated implications about the motives of other forum members. Which, by the way, is a rule everyone ought to observe and put into practice.

monxter, 3devious, Seon and 2 others like this.
  5. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Mind you she talked about someone following her, not the other way around.
    Of course if she posts in threads about related topics, related things will come up naturally.

Many people feel that both elements discussed either are or would be pay to win elements, so it is only natural to point out their relation.

6. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Maybe so. Ultimately, it'll fall to us on the mod team to make a ruling on whether or not things actually came up "naturally". And most of us are only so willing to believe in coincidence.

Thus, a measure of self-restraint is advisable. There really are other things to talk about from time to time.

7. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Really, talking about a topic clearly geared at discussing potential pay to win elements, other such issues should not be brought up?
    You will find lots of other things, from crafting to bug reports to funny screenshots the user unnecessarily accused by someone who should be keeping the peace rather than agitate has posted. Maybe look at what people actually spent their time with before adopting someone else's view?

8. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Talking about it? No. Talking about it again and again in thread after thread? Yes.

I'm glad to hear you engage elsewhere and in other ways, however. Not that this in any way alters my suggestions.

9. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

Sorry, but... I don't think pay to play means what you think it means...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_to_play

10. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

This thread is closed for review or permanently; I'll leave that to administration to decide.

There has been far too many insults flung around in this thread both subtle and blatant, towards users and towards Portalarium and this is not going to continue any longer. We don't have many rules here and they are certainly not difficult to follow. The one rule above all though has been constantly overlooked by many users which is: Act With Virtue. Everyone is free to have an opinion about things and we encourage discussion about them, however there seems to be an issue where discussion turns to arguments and insults. It needs to stop.

We want people to communicate. We want people to talk about what they like AND dislike about SotA; concerns, hopes, etc. but we require that all users when posting be respectful of others whether their views differ or not. In the future, everyone needs to keep this in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.