Thoughts from a longtime player and 120 crafter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Powersurge, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, please ignore this noise, it's just another "Gloom and Doom" statement... I personally like this game the way it is and look forward to any improvements you add... The new lands look great, BTW...

2. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

To connect them would require some revamping, yes? Fixing other issues would take work as well. So, it would still be a matter of diverting resources from working on the new area to areas established players have long since past.

Did I say old players have been taken care of? I don't recall saying that. I remember saying something along the lines that content is being worked on for established players which would suffer if resources were diverted to work on starting areas again, and wondering how their interest would be maintained if such were to happen.

Some established players have put plenty enough money into this game, some enough to pay a MMORPG life-time sub many times over. They did their bit.

It would be nice for MMORPGs in general if the policy was to get all their ducks in a row for their current content before moving on. For some reason that hardly ever seems to happen even though it would be ideal. Perhaps actually doing it is more difficult than those not tasked with it imagine.

3. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

No, the first place has come and gone. You can't go back. Bad starts tend to haunt games a good, long time. You can of course still try, but any success will take longer and be harder than it would have been if things were in a better place at launch.

4. CICI

CICI Avatar

No Man's Sky =)

Anpu and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

It took them a long time to recover from their disastrous launch. They stuck it out to their credit and turned it around. A lot of companies would have cut their loses. Despite that some early adopters are still bitter, and I occasionally come across lingering negativity. Regardless, I am impressed with their dedication through what must have been dark times for them.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

What No Man's Sky DIDN'T do is halfway make a bunch of new things before fixing the launch mistakes. Just sayin.

Cordelayne, Anpu and CICI like this.
  7. Trevo

Trevo Avatar

I guess that this could be a good way to go:

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Craft_Items#Private_Workshop

This way, new players could beneffit from old player experience and have a "soft" way to get gear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.