Thoughts on Mixing FMO and MMO OverWorld?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Again a ++++ for this game :)

We all are OUTlanders.
    So how can we think of "to be alone" in a world full of people coming from this planet called earth?

We want to have a lot of players so we can see further Episodes ...
    And we also want to have the feeling of the lone stranger ...

This game provides all of this to us:
    Multiplayer
    Soloplayer
    And if you won't see anybody else further:
    play offline :)

By the way:
    Ever been in Soltown Tavern on weekend evening, when several outlanders like Sassa play music and we are standing around, chatting, singing, dancing and enjoying this special one moment in time? :)

Like that slogan: "we create worlds" - and we can participate ... in any way we like to do it.

Lord Ravnos and Numa like this.
  2. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I have read this a dozen times and have no idea what your point is. If they are in solo affecting the online economy,what does seeing them on a world map have to do with anything? You probably have no clue as what they have bought, sold,crafted, so were is the reasoning here? Am I missing something that is obvious?

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

You're over-thinking it. If players in SPO are affecting our (online) world, why aren't we allowed to see them?

When you're playing with your friends at a park, other people don't necessarily play with you but they can still bask in the feeling that everybody is having a good time at the park. Playing in SPO and FOM would be akin to playing in an environment where bullies can't push you.

4. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Because that's not how it works and not the way the game is set up. Using that thinking,people would argue that SPO players were affecting the economy,no one should be allowed to not be seen anywhere.

5. Gix

Gix Avatar

Why?

Are you suggesting that the devs have never changed anything from the game based on feedback? How the game is current set up is irrelevant. That's why most of us are here; to give feedback on what we'd like to see.

That's how feedback works.

They get to play with us... some of us would like to see them so that WE can get a better sense of community and "massively" in the world.

I see nothing wrong with this.

@Tahru suggests to limit this for friends only mode. I don't see anything wrong with this either.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Because I backed this game with my hard earned cash under the promise that I don't have to see you or anybody else and you (or anybody else) can't see me and I can non the less participate in the economy.
    Need more reasons?

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah and the feedback you receive at the moment from a couple of people is a straight, flat no.
    I see no problem with that.

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Geez. You guys are defensive as hell.

So your reasoning takes no factoring about what's potentially healthy for the game or what could possibly be improved... just what's been promised to you... okay. Let's not look at any way to improve the game because you paid money.

"Money"; that's the reason you're giving me right now... Hell, @Lord_Darkmoon has more valid arguments than this.

Am I safe to assume you were also one of the guys that made a fuss over the "castle walls" issue because the decorative versions of the walls didn't EXACTLY match what was originally sold?

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

So much confusion over SPO and FO, there should be nobody against this because there is still single player online. friends online is a complete lie.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Am I safe to assume you didn't even read the castle wall post? Am I safe to assume you are making wrong assumptions about me or my motives? Am I safe to assume that you aren't able to see that it doesn't matter if I spent 50 or 5000 usd and my statement would still be the same?

Now, after we got that out of the way, be so kind and explain to me why I should reason with you at all after we just found out you got a prefabed opinion anyway.

I don't like your idea. In my opinion it sucks. It takes away from my game play for your benefit under the guise of 'the greater good'. It's a pretty common way of 'discussing' things on this forum and I am incredibly tired of it.

An mmo without it's downsides is a great thing. And you know what is usually the biggest downside of all mmos out there? People.

Sean Silverfoot, Elwyn and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Gix

Gix Avatar

Your motives? You never even articulated anything on the subject other than "No! I paid money!" and "I hate people".

It's not even my idea.

If you'd actually pointed out HOW it takes away from your game-play, then we'd have something to talk about. But, hey... whatever keeps you annoyed I suppose.

Let the devs worry about what's good and what isn't, eh?

Ease off on the attitude.

That's what open PvP is for... but I guess you're not up for that either. You got me there.

It doesn't really stop you from seeing HanSolo327's and SupermanHonkyDon's house decorations, though...

Not the best ideas but what if MPO could see other people, but SPO and FOM couldn't?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    digriz likes this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I know you do not have the information, and we need a dev response, but unless we can prove that it FO is not intended then we need to not say its a lie. If you can provide proof, then we have something. I do not think you are making this up, but we need some tangible evidence that is a lie, and that it cannot be done. @Berek , @DarkStarr , @Chris, @anyonewhogivesaflyingfart..

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Lets put it this way. Go into friends mode and tell me how many friends you see. The number is zero. The only other players you can see are those in your party. It has been this way a long time.

Numa and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well I log in on single player, and thats because of lag. I have a vision and if what you say is true then the vision is gone. I wanted to start a low level pvp league capped at 40. The only way this could work without outside griefing is to play in FO mode being that the only people in the league would have to only have friends that would be willing to just stop at 40 and friend each other. If what you say is true its just another nail in the coffin for me. It is why I am so curious.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Pushing someone into MPO that does not wish to see others, chat with others, interact with others. Pretty sure they can make bots that do as much interaction as those people.

Global chat doesn't push /tell /group /guild into global so it feels more populated.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Does that mean it's not on the list of things that will be fixed?

I truly don't see the point in pushing people out of FPO. Those people are completely irrelevant to anyone other than those they wish to be in game with.

If the argument was to drop SPO and FPO and only have MPO at least I would get that.

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I have tagged @Berek , @DarkStarr , @Chris on this. Awaiting response.

Ristra likes this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have been wrong before, but on this issue I am pretty certain I remember DarkStarr saying it is just for people in the same party because I kept trying to figure out why I can't see my friends in FO. And by practice, I found that the party deal works in SPO. Hence no difference besides the name.

There is a weird bug though, even for parties that you sometimes have to leave and re-enter a zone to see people in your party.

This thread appears to talking only about FPO, there was no mention of SPO.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well at the moment that is the only way I can play is SPO. I did not mean it to be a part of the discussion. I just meant it as the reason why I have not logged into FO or MO.

20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I see, that explains a lot. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.