Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on the current trend

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by kaeshiva, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I do when I have time and bandwidth to spare. (Unfortunately that meant coming into R32 a week late). Until awhile ago I was chopping trees.. then I got caught up in another thread and decided to stop to work on a website.. at which time I got caught up here. Though I'm usually scanning over new threads at certain points when I play.. like around transitions or when I change what I'm doing I may take a few moments.. OR when I'm mining (haven't had a chance this release to get mining yet though).

Personally, I'm questioning crafting reliance on silver as a whole. I hadn't followed crafting for awhile as we neared R32.. then wow.. everything uses silver for masterworking.. taming uses silver.. what's so darn special about silver? Though that is perhaps a bit off topic for this thread.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Sway

Sway Avatar

ok then please go to hilt and mine silver, make something, then master craft it. and not just anything make something that you will use (forget about things to sell) once you do that, then you will know what we are talking about

Cairo likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You're not supposed to be making everything end to end. You're supposed to be a part of the process not THE PROCESS.

Again, this game is different in that it's a REAL economy that has many moving parts. Your role in the economy is not to go Gather everything, then go Refine everything, then go Produce everything. Certainly not for yourself. Your role is a subset of all that. If you're a miner, that's your end product, ore. You're not supposed to foot the bill for an entire suit of armor or sword. That's how it worked pre-R32 because we needed people to test it. But we've evolved, and the economy is just beginning to function.

You are thinking about your role in that economy incorrectly.

Do you know what I can craft? I can enchant. That's it. I can't make anything, I can barely gather stuff. Why? because I recognize that I can't do it all. It's not cost or time effective and it's only going to get tougher.

So I'm going to be the best enchanter that I can be. All that other stuff would just slow that down, and make me less of an enchanter.

4. Sway

Sway Avatar

ok so don't do it and stop talking about stuff you don't know about it. fyi i don't make things from end to end. i have people for that

5. Drocis the Devious

I buy ingots from the same three people on public vendors. Why? because they understand their role. They aren't on the boards complaining about anything, they're making money selling silver, iron, copper, and gold. They never seem to run out of the stuff either, I buy it and they put more back up on the public vendor within an hour.

6. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I know I said I was done posting, I promise this is my last one. I want to know how anyone can give feedback if they don't test the game in its current state. It's like the guy on the 15th floor has never done the guy on the ground floors job. The guy on the 15th floor is looking at numbers on a sheet of paper for the guy on the ground floor and is all of a sudden a professional. The guy on the ground floor is living it, he can see the problems in front of him. Management rarely can see these problems because they don't do it on a daily basis. This applies to RL as it does in this game. If you are not willing to test the game and see what we are seeing then there is no point in giving feedback on it.

So until you are willing to go sit in a mine for 5 hours a day, don't give feedback on it. Until you take that ore, go buy the fuel with your own money and go enchant with it and masterwork with it to see disappointment after disappointment, don't give feedback on this. For you who buy the ore from 10 different people you don't notice it, but to those 10 people mining they feel it and I hope they are charging 3x what they were before the wipe since it got nerfed that much.

7. Sway

Sway Avatar

correct. your price will surely be going up over the next few weeks. but all good right : )

8. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Just out of curiosity and without wanting to throw more fuel on the fire (fuel is expensive from the crafting merchants) how are you earning enough money enchanting to be able to afford ore?

9. Drocis the Devious

Yes, absolutely.

Supply and demand. That's what should happen. And then people will find ways to become more efficient and some people will stop trying to enchant altogether. There will be business relationships that are formed, undercutting, if we get pvp involved someday there will entire wars over it.

I can't wait.

10. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

You can't become more self efficient. The game has maxed silver mining to 50 ore per hour. There is no way around this unless you find an exploit which I'm not going to get on that topic because we all know this would get you banned to do such a thing. I suppose if us miners go on strike then you players who choose to buy from us miners will just have to get off your butts and go mine yourself.

11. Drocis the Devious

I'm not. I'm earning all my money killing things.

I'm using the ingots to get better at enchanting, and eventually I'll go into business selling high end stuff. But that's more of a hobby for my character, he has other goals than to be a good businessman.

Right now you can easily make 10k an hour in this game in multiple areas if you know what you're doing. (and no, you don't need exploits)

The problem is that most players don't know what they're doing because this is a new game and a sophisticated economy that they are just getting their feet wet for the first time with.

12. Sway

Sway Avatar

ok where did you get the gold to buy your silver ?

13. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

What have you done to earn enough money to buy all that silver because I sure can't afford it

14. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Where do you hunt? We hunt too and we don't make nearly enough money to buy large qty of silver ingots on our own. I also want to know what your gold per hour income is killing stuff.

15. Drocis the Devious

Two things...

1. Supply and Demand. If you miners go on strike it just makes minning that more profitable. You're not organized enough to impact the economy the way you want to, nor would it have the desired results if you were.
    2. You're not supposed to be self sufficient (think that's what you meant there). You're not supposed to be minning then refining the ore into ingots and then enchanting and making beautiful magical swords. That's like a 4 person job right there. It's a complete waste of time and money to do that. Other people in the game figured this out and are way ahead of anyone doing that.

Retlaw likes this.
  16. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I find it interesting to read the opinion of those who have been playing a long time.

Think for a minute if you started right now, or better yet 3 months from now when a greater sense of balance is achieved . You would have no idea what was nerfed or changed, only as it is. I'm not saying there might be some valid discussion on various topics, but do you think half these complaints would be made by that future player who knew nothing else?

I don't, and hope the devs continue with the course they are on. This is, and will continue to be, an unique and awesome game.

17. Drocis the Devious

I kill things that are easy for me to kill and that have valuable stuff that you get from looting it. It's not brain surgery.

18. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

`
    Valuable stuff?? What is valuable from any drop in this game? You still haven't answered my question on how much gold per hour you get killing and looting monsters.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

they have not implemented the loot system yet, it is generic until the world pool is filled up with player made items.

20. Drocis the Devious

That's a trade secret. I wouldn't expect you to tell me anymore than I would tell you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.