Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on the current trend

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by kaeshiva, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

10k an hour? Really?
    Sorry, I'm going to need some specifics on that.
    My current net gain is 0 per hour if I'm killing yellows my level - it just pays for regs. Maybe 1-2k mass-mowing greens and picking up loot, not stopping to gather or skin anything.

The average crappy weapon sells for what, 30 gold?
    So you need to collect 333 of these in an hour, when mobs drop one each.
    Since you don't use teleport scrolls, lets say 5 mins of travel time to get there and 5 mins back, including time zoning, walking to vendor, etc? Leaving you 50 minutes to kill and loot 6.66 mobs per minute - equates to kill and loot 1 mob every 9 seconds with no downtime.

So tell me where you can do that?
    Assuming you can carry it all in one trip?

c0nes likes this.
  2. Sway

Sway Avatar

well clearly you don't mine and you don't kill stuff so why are you posting here

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There are two things you seem to be missing here.

1: Hilt is not the only source of silver..
    2: I am not only a crafter at heart.. I am a serious crafter at heart who doesn't mind spending 6-8 hours in the mine and walking it all the way back across the entirety of Novia. :)

I have during most of the releases I've played.. built my own gear for myself and not even tried to sell a single piece. I dare say I have a higher tolerance for harvesting than most and I'm not concerned about my bottom line when I'm doing it.

But now we are on to another discussion entirely. We've gone from generic nerfs to oh my gosh we can only get 50 silver ore per hour.

Ok so the question would be how does that effect the economy? Limited supply.. increased prices.. does it have the result the devs are looking for? No? Then it will change again.. and it will keep changing until it does.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No, figure it out. There are multiple locations.

But even if this wasn't viable, you could go to another town, buy up tons of cheap reagents and resell them in a large town that is getting gouged by the NPC shop keepers.

Did you know it costs 22 per black pearl in Owl's Head right now but only 6 in Kingsport? It's true. There's all kinds of stuff like that going on in this game right now, if people pay attention.

Retlaw likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Clearly.:confused:

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Exactly.. as I was saying earlier.. this all will be scarcely remembered when the balancing is done.

7. Sway

Sway Avatar

Yes there are 2 things missing here,
    1 you don't mine
    2 you don't hunt

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm aware of the reagent price fluctuation. But you've said you earn 10k an hour killing, I'm in serious doubt of that. I've been killing things all over the place and can't come anywhere close to those numbers.
    You claim you can make this amount but aren't willing to justify it - makes the claim highly questionable.

c0nes likes this.
  9. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Some of the problem with earning gold is there are specific builds right now that pull in 15k/hour without blinking. Unfortunately, the majority do not even come close, thus the "that isn't possible" statements. This is why Mr Nerf Bat has been so busy.

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think you're responding to the wrong post here. :)

11. Drocis the Devious

I can see where you would think that. I'm ok with you thinking that.

I'm also ok with you ignoring that there's an entire public vendor system that shows you the wealth in this game is far from your expectations so I'm not the only person making money. There are people I'm sure that are making far more than I am. But it's up to you what you believe and don't. I was just trying to help by offering advice and some examples of why I feel the way I feel.

I'm sorry I can't give you the specifics you would like, I enjoy the easy life and I don't want everyone taking all my hard work and using it for themselves.

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I understand your skepticism and I'm a little befuddled myself but Drocis isn't known for making such baseless claims. I suspect whatever method he's using to get nerfed at some point. ;) 10k per hour just shouldn't be possible. (Edit: Outside of player vendors at least)

13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

At any rate, this thread has derailed into the usual arguing that has become the trademark of the feedback forum.
    When I started this thread it was to try and promote a bit of positivity in the midst of so much negativity.

This is my feedback - people are losing interest, people are getting frustrated. Whether they are right or wrong to do so doesn't matter, its happening.
    This isn't about proving a point or being right or wrong, it was merely a suggestion that occasionally, instead of nerfing something, they tip the balance the other way.
    A lot will still change, but feedback about how those changes affect the people on the ground, the people doing the stuff, is important in the long run.

I hope Bowen is right and we'll all remember this as an uncomfortable hurdle in the game's history down the road when everything's working as intended.

c0nes, narcosis and Cairo like this.
  14. Sway

Sway Avatar

i don't think so ... i thing you talk a lot here but don't play much. because of your prospective. and your rebuttals.

15. Sway

Sway Avatar

if i'm wrong why aren't you playing now ???

16. Sway

Sway Avatar

i am playing but i'm in Hilt and have nothing to mine so i'm here

17. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

The best part about this entire thread which has been going on slightly over an hour now, I've been in hilt the entire time mining silver and out over slightly over 3 hours i've hit every bit of silver i possible can and have 120 ore to show for. Woot woot!

Also if you don't like my mining comment, get over it! I'm a miner, I gather things! lol...

18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So you're coming to that conclusion because I've spent one evening replying on the forum and I don't completely agree with you.. I somehow don't mine (even though you yourself are spending just as much time responding while mining). And I somehow don't hunt.. either even though we aren't even talking about hunting..

As I told you earlier I stopped playing to work on a website when I got caught up in the discussion. Is it a requirement now to play so much we can't be on the forum (unless we're mining). ?

Well.. I got news for you.. you both couldn't be more wrong about my in-game activities.. and I can still find time to be active on the forum now and then.. This just happens to be one of those now and then times.

19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So are you saying you're just standing there doing nothing.. ? In which case you're not really playing are you? And here's an even better question.. why does whether on not I'm in game at this very moment even matter? That's a bit of a stretch.

20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Indeed, the secrecy makes it even more 'questionable'.

I've looked on the public vendor. Sold stuff on it. Bought stuff on it. I still can't crank out 10k an hour fighting stuff unless I'm selling things to players. Perhaps its possible to make 10k/hr farming something and selling it to players but I'm still dubious on the sell-to-npc aspect, based on the current sale value of the loot that drops.

But what I'm seeing here is "I found a (dubious) way to make money that I wont mention because then it will get nerfed."

Drocis - Suffice to say - I can see by your post count & profile that you've been here a long time, you're very invested in the game and I'm sure you want it to be amazing and successful. That's the same thing we want. If people get disillusioned at the amount of progress they can make in the time they have to play, they'll stop playing. Balancing should be based around what the average player can do, not the handful of people with loads of time or secret income methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.