Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on the current trend

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by kaeshiva, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

Owl's head is at least 50% vendor spaces. Of the people who have an actual home there, and dont belong to one of the big guilds who have PoT crafting areas on a town nearby, how many of them actually craft in any quantity ? i am hazardling a guess that it is not many. Owl's head is not your typical npc town.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

yes, its been a focus of the anointed ones for a long time. One thing though is that it probably will backfire on them, well at least there. People start out the game in a totally different area, and will be at different places on the mainland. Sure owls head is nostalgic for us old timers but the new people will be in brittny, or andoris, or other major hubs. Owls head is not a major hub really, and its really laggy also.

KuBaTRiZeS and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What strikes me as a bit funny is that Owl's Head is and will continue to be an out of the way town. Only reason it's so popular now is because everyone knows it from earlier days when it was the 'main' town in the game. Most new players coming in will scarcely have cause to go there never mind even hear about the place. It will be interesting to see if the popularity remains in the future.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You could be right, it's early in the world's history though.

It's very small economy right now. I wasn't trying to say that selling reagents between towns would make you 10k an hour. I was saying that it's a viable business model that could make you much more than that if you built it correctly.

The big difference between this game and others is that you can be an economic winner or an economic loser. You're never going to go bankrupt or into debt. So the bottom is not that bad. But you can apply real business skill to this game and that's a lot of fun for some people.

If you don't want to apply that, you're not likely to be ultra successful, but you can still have fun. It's just not cool to go to the forums and complain about not being successful because the game rewards skill. You kind of have to tip your hat to people that know what they're doing. (I know I do, which is why I don't plan on taking my business very seriously, it's more for roleplaying)

Tahru likes this.
  5. kennfusion

kennfusion Avatar

Just from my perspective as someone who want to primarily be a crafter/merchant....these bullets I left here all are good for crafters. Yes, even nerfing mines....as it makes mining more of a commitment. IF mining takes more time, more people will just go out and do other things and just buy stuff from player vendors. Deco prices will adjust over time. Buy your regents and fuels and scrolls from players. If you buy them, they will stock them. Prices will even out. Longbows especially were worth too much in comparison to most dropped items, so that was an obvious incoming nerf and it hurts crafters, as Longbows were just about as good as base crafted maple and pine bows.

I am not saying that I don't understand the frustration with change.....but many of us who just want to go mine and sell things, those of us who get a thrill when we log in and we get the message that someone bought something from our vendor in the same way someone else might from killing a big monster....we need changes that pushes the economy into player made stuff. If you asked me, other than basic regents (which there is just not enough to forage for the economy to handle) everything useful just about should come from players.

Kaisa, KuBaTRiZeS and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

A vendor buying your junk at twice the price of other vendors, would be another good reason, I guess.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I wouldn't expect that to last long.

Katrina Bekers and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

One can hope.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  9. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Been realizing that more lately! It has a nice right shopping district, 2 banks, tons of +5 tables and good/familiar combat zones... But travel to other regions is a PITA. As is the NPC rates. Think I'm moving soon.

Except my bank is full there ><

Willing to rent a caravan. PST!

As for cash, it's hard to get NPC gold. Player gold is just recycled and a few items have sold. Will take me weeks still to afford a village lot.

What's up with 8g salt? On the crafting table, the 'cost' for salt is much lower. Something bugged? Cuz I know what the base price is for everything and it's supposed to be equal to coal.

BTW, I can't even make 3k per hour. Even hardened skelly archers drop shoddy bows and melee weps are heavy or I salvage em

Double price is supposed to be for selling to the correct vendors. Demand and all

10. mithra

mithra Avatar

I think oftentimes in the pursuit of "balance" developers fail to realize players will 99% of the time opt for whatever is presently most efficient / powerful / lucrative. This is why in the real world wars are fought with the best technology afforded and aren't simply a case of preference and style. You're NEVER going to have a balanced game because you can't have a fair and balanced world.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Agreed some of the mechanics should have never passed muster

minor adjustmen needed but is not to hard to train thru it if you focus your training turning everything on is the down fall, manage your skllls = GtG

+30 was a Huge mistake and +5 is reasonbale if that is what it is no need for more - it is a skill issue and players learning how to mamange their skills not an equipme,nt issue.

Nothing new and being out of range or off "Z" accis should NOT do damage- should not be able to shoot but that is the bug not not doing damage :confused:

AWSOME- always new player enconomy :rolleyes:

Good level to maintain economy ;)

See above - Economy :(

Same as above economy :eek:

Sorry but 75% of what you are talking about is because there was more stuff avail and easier in the previous testing releases. It has always been know and understood what they where there for and that they wher going to be changed.:oops:

The only canges that player should have an issue with are changes to mechanics that are causing direct problems,.

Items and economy are all issues that should have hit the game at 0 or very low as it is now some things came in to abundant and are already out of balance and will now take even longer to balance out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.