Thoughts on this video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Lord Ravnos, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Ill be honest with you OP you are probably better off going with a 970 than the 1050, should be able to find one within the 200$ range. If you have to go with a 1050 I would say yeah go ahead and grab the TI. I am not sure how much of a benefit you will see in this game however because the game is very poorly optimized. I myself upgraded to a GTX 1080TI I7 4790k and 16GB DDR3 ram but I am still only getting between 30-40 FPS in town and 30-50 on the world map.. it's quite ridiculous.

When you look at NVIDIA stuff just remember the tier's I think it starts at 50 (so 1050, 950, 850 etc) then goes 60, 70 and 80. The TI is usually there to let you know it's a higher performance card, so if you go with a 1050TI you are going with the best possible 1050 you can buy. Also consider how many games you play, if shroud is really the only thing you are interested in then you don't need something super fancy. The resolution you game at is also very important when deciding how much ram you need, the 1050 you linked has only 2GB of video memory but if you play at 720P or 1680x1050 that would more than likely be just fine. As the market stands right now for a price/performance ratio NVIDIA is king, AMD/Radeon is playing catch up so definitely go team green :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.