Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Three Problems with Patterns for Books

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Vyrin, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

FIRST PROBLEM - Recipe for Applying Patterns calls for a "Crafted Book"
    1. Title: Recipe for Applying Patterns calls for a "Crafted Book"
    2. Reproduction Rate:100%
    3. Blocker?N
    4. Details:When you buy a book, instead of crafting it, such as a blank book from a book vendor, you can still apply a pattern to it. SUGGESTION: Change recipe to say simply "Book".
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Look at recipe for Reshape Book. Buy a book. Apply pattern on crafting table. It works.
    6. User Specs:
    SECOND PROBLEM - When Applying Pattern to Blank Book, changes name to random name
    1. Title: When Applying Pattern to Blank Book, changes name to random name
    3. Blocker?N
    4. Details:See below. I applied two different patterns to two different blank books and the names changed to something it is not, e.g. "Through the Lunar Rift I" when I used the Aerie pattern. It is still usable as a blank book. SUGGESTION: When applying pattern to a Blank Book change the name to "[Pattern Name] Blank Book", e.g., "Aerie Blank Book" or "Alchemy Blank Book".
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Apply any pattern to a blank book.
    6. User Specs:
    [​IMG]

THIRD PROBLEM - Orange is Used for Patterns and Renaming in Inventory
    1. Title: Orange is Used for Patterns and Renaming in Inventory
    3. Blocker?N
    4. Details:See above. When I apply a pattern to a book - whether blank or published - the name changes to orange. This also indicates a name change. However, you can't change the name of a book - it is fixed when you publish it. Text color that could indicate two different things is not great. Since the small graphic changes to the new cover, do we need orange text? SUGGESTION: If it's important to indicate, put pattern in parenthesis after name of item?
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Apply any pattern to a blank book.
    6. User Specs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.