Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Three virtue paths feedback

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Rhiannon, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Back in November 2016, I asked Lord British how a new player would know they were on a path, let alone WHICH path or what a virtue path was. What little questing I had done after Persistence, I couldn’t tell. If I hadn’t been an Ultima player, I would have no idea what the virtues were.

LB said that was a very good point and they would be looking at that.

So I reset my quests last week and after our successful release this week, I began my journey. I got a message in my journal to see Arabella in one of three cities. I chose Soltown.

I know there is a bug where the chat window while talking to NPCs closes a lot during the conversation. But I persisted and she eventually gave me three separate quests to work on.

In my journal, there is absolutely no way I can tell that any of these three quests belong to a path or which path. I asked friends to find out which was which because I wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing quests on multiple paths. Plus I heard that one path (Love) was the hardest and I wanted to save that one for last to give myself time to get my skills up for the task (no pun intended).

Is this going to be addressed?

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

For one, I think when you complete the outskirts area for each path, you get the truth/love/courage banner. (I know that's true for Love and Truth, don't recall for Courage, but I have the banner and haven't really gone questing for them, so I must have gotten it on the courage path.)

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

That’s kind of my point. I got the banner for courage which is cool. But unless Arabella told me when I initially talked to her which virtue was attached to which initial quest, I have no idea. And since we’re given three quests from her, how would I know they are three different paths to follow? I asked friends to find out which path was which so I could keep my journal straight but how would a new player know to do that? I’ve heard via the forums that your journal is a hot mess if you work on all paths at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.