Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tier 2+ Scrap Material and drops.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Aartemis, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Please consider allowing salvage to create scrap other then the generic metal. There are way too many resources put into a T2, Enhanced/MC'd item to only give back generic scrap.

If salvage (as levels go higher) gives back bronze, white iron, silver, gold scrap along with a chance at component retrieval there will be many more crafters willing to salvage mundane items instead of flooding the market with it.

It seemed like at one time there were recipes like ingots from bronze scrap but they went away.

This way you can make higher tier "rusty bronze" items that drop that can be used to level up salvage and not allow one to GM salvage on plain rusty daggers.

This can then be expanded for salvaging magical items for gold and silver.

Chatele, Lazlo, Ancev and 4 others like this.
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Ummm...

I get hilts, mace heads.... ingots when i scrap.

But then I GM'd salvage

Elwyn, Ancev and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  3. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I have been locked at 80 and scrapping on an expert station and MAYBE see something... .05% of the time. Pretty sure its not even 1% because I salvage a lot.
    Perhaps its because its mostly Junk I scrap, IDK. Thanks for the info, I will unlock and let it ride up a ways and try it on some better things.

Maybe passing a *little*salvage love earlier in the leveling process could allow players to know what to expect to see down the road... an 80 with expert crafting station and prosperity tools should be seeing a bit more results I would think. Something to chew on. :)

Ancev likes this.
  4. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Oh..I dont get these all the time...and definitely some weapons drop far less then others.

But I do scrap every single thing I find.

The more expensive weapons return on average about 20ish scrap per salvage. I've seen as high as 50 which seems to be the max.

The rusty/shoddy weapons seem to return about 5-10 scrap on average.

I could probably parse all my chat logs and get a much better average per weapon

And the fully wooden weapons seem to drop only wooden scrap.

Ancev likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

More variety of scrap and better "drops" = YES! I'm GM salvage and I get the two ingot "roll" every 300 or so salvages which seems a bit low IMO.

Chatele and Ancev like this.
  6. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Agree, salvage could use more love.... better drop and more different scraps :)

Chatele and Ancev like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.