Tier 6 lich totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Sorry, but that's a load of crap... exploit is exploit is exploit.

If you purposely take advantage of an obviously unintended consequence (and we can't get more unintended than this exact instance), testing properly done or no, YOU are WRONG.

Yes, the developers own some of the blame for being noobs at the mmo game, but the lion's share of the blame lies at the feet of those who are using this for gain KNOWING it is a bug.

But hey, we're playing an episode called forsaken virtues, aren't we? Perhaps they are all RP'ing...

Cianna, Lazlo, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

This should have never even reached the stage of being sold.

All of this could have been avoided if one of the following had actually happened:
    A) If this was tested on QA
    B) If this was tested by the devs prior to it being released
    C) If port actually had someone in some sort of quality testing role to validate the changes.

None of this happened and its been getting gradually worse over the last 6 months. Instead this was a quick and dirty database change, a fire and forget type of development where it was added with a "that should work" type of attitude that port are becoming known for.

Take a look at the last 6-7 releases as an example:
    Big bears added to a scene that no player could access
    Creepy dolls not added correctly so they never actually dropped.
    Hilt Rotunda room only dropping if you were on the quest version of hilt
    Spider room not dropping at all
    Crampus staff not dropping
    Envy bow not dropping.

All of these could have been avoided completely with actual testing rather than just running a script on the database. In all the cases above these were caught by players who raised it with the devs directly, often multiple times before they were actually checked and fixed.

These type bugs are seen release after release after release and no quality checks are put in place to avoid it happening again.

When the recipe was added to the dev build it would have been a quick 5 minute check to log into the game and actually craft one and the whole mess would have been avoided.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

No need to be abrasive... I did state to have a differing opinion respectfully.

Though for conversation sake explain to me how I exploited, exploited, exploited. I made one and only one totem at launch because I was excited to begin kolbald collection. I followed the given recipe I did not sell or trade said totem.

4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This one definitely should have been caught, one test of the craft and voila BUG.

^^ These ones i would suggest considering the drop rate, they should at least have an option in the dev client to cheat and set give all possible loot option, so that when they kill it they win every roll of the loot and get everything possible from that mob. So as to not have to spend loads of time killing them to see if it will drop, One kill, did I get whatever. Would not test the drop RATE but at least would test it is dropping without having to dig through the loot tables, that appear to be tables within tables so I imagine takes some time.

Regards
    Spung

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes, there is no degrees to this. From Looting chests with black dyes and lots of other stuff, to the time people were rerolling enchants and mws to get the right ones, to the double major same stat enchants, to the one still going on right now and has been for over a month, to the totems, nothing has ever been taken away, none of them punished. I have watched some of these people make millions of coin. The rerolling, the one guy was the richest in the game by far and not to long after persistence, was over 14 million. Still saw a couple double major single stat chest pieces for sale recently. It was even said those were going to be deleted too, and those will probably never exist again and effect character power directly.

The double maj same stat enchants and the totems just happened. The rerolling one took actions, same with the other one going on right now.

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

The "you" wasn't referring to YOU specifically, it was a generalization, referring to those that ARE exploiting the system.

Thank you for being one of those that ISN'T turning a personal buck on this one.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Other 2 are pulled down, only admiral got one at 2.4 mil. As well, I had those listed before chris said he was changing them, I had those up Thursday night.

8. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Thank you @Mac2

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Didn't Chris say that he was going to make each totem take two of the previous tier totems instead of four?

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

For t5 and t6

Barugon likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, new plan for all exploits, based on @Arkah EMPstrike 's nuke the wallet idea.

First, nuke the wallet.

Second, if the wallet ain't big enough, shadow nerf that players drops until they pay their dues.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This whole situation is just disappointing and stems from two problems:
    1. Inadequate testing
    2. Inadequate policing of exploits.

Something like this should never have made it into live. If you expect players to do aggressive QA testing at no cost and that's the only actual testing that is apparently happening, then things like this will either get a) missed or b) found, and kept secret by players intending to exploit. I used to log on QA every single month and test all the new content, and I never saw anything for it. And I was ok with that, I was helping the game. Right? And then I watch other people get rare rewards due to some sort of BS lotto system and after a while it kinda felt like, not only was I working and not getting paid, but I was watching other people get paid, which was too insulting to continue. If you're going to rely on players as your QA department, FIX THE TESTING INCENTIVES to actually get people on QA to test stuff, instead of using it as their personal "check QA to see if xyz is nerfed" or personal profiteering tool.

If you have a QA server, actually use it. Consider scheduling releases so that things actually spend enough time in QA to actually get tested, esp. considering you're relying on volunteer labor. If that delays production release, so be it, that's what happens in the real world you don't release buggy crap to the public when there are going to be financial repercussions. 2-3 days of QA testing is woefully inadequate esp without actual testing staff. This is just basic.

This is the bigger problem. While I don't condone taking advantage of exploits in any way, having watched people do it and get away with it for the last two years in many of the examples mentioned above, with seemingly no repercussions, has certainly changed my attitude about the whole thing. I still remember the player who was using the crafting exploit early on to make thousands of perfect items while the rest of crafters struggled and fought wit the RNG. It wasn't fixed for months, and that player made out like a bandit. The more recent "double major" chestpiece issue, really irritated me personally, as I also found it, reported it, and DIDN'T MAKE ANY because it was pretty clear it was an exploit and the expectation is it would be fixed. I still have the 1 I made to test it, in a box, and I'm very disappointed that its still there and hasn't been fixed.

The message players get from the devs is "cheat early" - and honestly, that's horrible. But that's the precedent that's been set and people have been milking it since the beginning. THIS is why players keep quiet when they find something lucrative and everyone finds out about it a month later when its been nerfed and they've missed the opportunity. Like when they changed the crafting recipes to be supply bundle drops but there was still 1 vendor who was missed and sold them all for 250g ...I bet people are still selling off those "stockpiles."

All of this can be avoided by actually testing crap before it gets to live.
    And all of this could also be avoided if people who blatantly took advantage of stuff actually got punished for it.
    If you set the precedent that finding something like this = no punishment/consequences, then yes, people will do it.
    Why miss out, if others are certainly going to do it and not get punished?
    I mean the whole thing just devolves into a circus at that point.

Stop hotfixing crap in that is broken. I think most of us would rather just wait for it to be tested/working.

Cianna, Gorthyn, FrostII and 5 others like this.
  13. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

About envy
    https://shroudoftheavatar.net/player/Lloyd+Admiral/kills
    you can see all my farm stats. i not hide how much time i spend to farm.
    So I want to say. What I do not spend 1000 hours on farm useless locations by type like UT..
    If I understand correctly, you just said that the message. "I see a bug, I will use it as others profit on it why I won't do it"
    And it says a player who is respected .... it is sad to see such words and thoughts in such a famous player
    I thought you were above it and you enjoy the game exactly the same amount as I. do not pay attention to such "Exploits"

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Mhtic likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Damn 588 envy kills, sadly I agree the biggest exploit in the game is UT and I’ll admit I’ve taken advantage of that even though I reported it to Chris several times ;)

I’m beginning to think it’s a intenteded exploit!

15. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Totem return to Mac my gold return to me. That is real good player and really has the honor and dignity

Thwip, kaeshiva, Vodalian and 4 others like this.
  16. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Now there are a lot of locations where you can gain experience faster than in UT, but people are too caught up. and do not notice it. UT dead end no loot no exp... it is my opinion.

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sure ur option is fine, every time I leave UT I feel like reporting my self. kill for 15 mins afk for 45 sure feels like cheating.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How is it an exploit?

FrostII likes this.
  19. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Pretty sure I heard Chris on his stream saying he is uploading a fix for the totems. However, he said he hasn't tested it. I think I give up.

margaritte likes this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Lol, it was a joke u know super easy super fast little effort excellent reward. Everyone knows when ya explain a joke u ruin it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.