To Buy or To Make Jar of Yeast Culture? (Answer)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrian (Kung Fu Master), Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Okay, I did my tests. Here is what I found:
    • 25 xp awarded per seed sowed during batch sowing
    • 0 xp awarded for batch watering
    • 0 xp awarded for batch harvesting

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I may need to apologize and correct myself as well. When I made my last post, I tested the batch skills one at a time, and each one raised my pool with all set to maintain.

However, I also forgot that I have all of my meticulous collection and survey skills set to unlearn, so the xp gained was likely due to those feeding it and not the batch planting skills. I didn't remember this until after I made my post and noticed that one of the survey skills deleveled upon watering a plant. :eek:

I do believe that the initial planting DOES give you XP for sure though.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Did you test planting a single seed during batch planting vs. planting say 10 seeds with batch planting to compare the XP gained? When I did my testing (albeit that was a while ago) I got the same XP regardless of how many seeds were planted.

If you can confirm, then I'll take your word for it.

Woodchuck likes this.
  4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

no i only did batch skill testing.

I can test the single sow seed skill tonite to see how much xp is awarded for that! i would be surprised it’s more than 25 xp!

On a related note, what does the passive skill called “Sow Seed Bonus” actually do?

Edit: Sow Seeds Bonus is really just ability to sow multiple seeds, the range and speed at which this is done

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Woodchuck - No, I meant use the batch skill, but only have 1 seed in inventory. Then, use batch skill with like 10 seeds in inventory... to see if there is an xp gain difference based on # of seeds planted at once.

Woodchuck likes this.
  6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

oh i did test this. how i arrived at my conclusion was different than your suggestion.

I simply aimed my sowing range circle such that it only covered a bit of the planting bed. So in one test i observed that i got 75 xp for sowing 3 seeds. Then I sowed 30 seeds and got 750 xp. :)

Rentier and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

many people like myself have probably realized this now, especially with 2x XP, but most crafting is nothing more then paying gold for crafting xp. My alt now grinds non-stop on the simple stuff. Leather, leather scraps, yards of leather, cotton thread, cotton bolt, ingots, pine/maple boards. On and on and on while I play my main. 25/50 xp each over and over and over again. As long as I have gold to buy the material or time to farm the raw mats myself then I can grind that xp on and on. What its not for in any way is making gold. Making gold is out in the gathering side of things. Yes the anit-rmt people could make the point that buying 1 mil gold goes a long way to raising your prod XP. But, why does that matter, you are just trading one persons time to another. The time was still put into the game farming the ore.

I store all that xp up and then do a big burst of the hard core skills which for me right now is chain armor, weaps and enchanting (will move to leather armor soon). Those are a complete gold sink period.

The OP's charts are the best example. I can store the mats and make those jars at a cost of what 2-4 gold each and plink 25/50 xp endlessly.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

aye m8, that b my point :)

this game could do with a lot less time sinkage.

9. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You have forgotten the tool usage costs. A Sack of Flour is 1.6 gold if you manage to grow weat fpr 0 gold. Three sacks are 4.8 gold then. Plus 0.8 to craft the Jar of Yeast Culture. (This also means the gold you do net get while gathering water)
    Also you can iterate the growing by using the new yeast of culture to craft the next one.
    However one Sack of Flour should be removed from the recipe

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?posts/1078620/

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

But can’t really wish for everything to be simple and easy or else everyone and their mothers would be doing it.

There’s no value/market for anything easily attainable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.