To the mayor of Stinging Tree Hollow

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Sir,

I recently had to seek refuge from a highwaymen ambush on the road from Kingsport to Braemar and stumbled upon your beautiful town. I was very impressed to find a truely formidable public garden where I could recover from said negative experience. I am writing this letter to express my gratitude for the hospitality and to compliment you on the jewel that is your town.

Wishing you the best,
    Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Völva in Ironhall, Norgard

P.S.: If you still are seeking help with that curse, I guess I could give it a shot. My house and mailbox are in Ironhall right behind the Jarl's Great Hall.

2. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

Good Evening! My apologies to you for the tardiness of my reply. I have been otherwise engaged at the conclave of tavern owners, inn keepers and mausoleum enthusiasts. The latter is a bit of a stiff lot, but their penchant for mead is both enviable and the stuff of legend.

Many thanks for your kind words in regards to our burgeoning little town. And many apologies for the ill treatment you suffered at the hands of the bandits that frequent the roads of the Hidden Vale.

To that end, I believe I have devised a plan to thwart their nefarious plans and quell their undesirable behavior. We shall implement Tuesday Eve Free Ale and Mutton for Brigands, Thugs and Thieves at our local tavern. We will also offer a purse for most nefarious deed. In order to be eligible to take home the winnings, participants will need to chronicle their most grand act of lawlessness. For those with insufficient prowess with quill and ink, we shall have a scribe at the ready.

Once their faculties are dulled by the ale, we shall place them in irons and toss them into our newly constructed prison. From there, each will receive a burlap sack over the head and be carted off to Owl's Head to present their crimes as evidence against them to Lord Enmar, who will deal with them sternly by placing them in The Clink. From my own recent visit, due to some fabricated salt smuggling charges, I know they will receive the lash, some back breaking labor and a pittance for a meal.

It would be easier to travel to Braemar, but Halmar has proven to be a wretch of a constable and is more interested in making eyes at Bridget than keeping up law and order.

I believe this to be a keenly solid plan and I expect grand results. It has a minor drawback in that the Skeletons shall be unaffected as they have no ability for the consumption of ale, and the uneducated wolves can't read. But it is a fine start and roads will be safe once again.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you WERE smuggling salt! being used as a dupe mule doesn't mean you didn't do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.