Today on QA (R88)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

QA Build 1181:

QA paid off today! There's a nasty bug with bulk artifact salvage, though as per Chris this will likely be mentioned in the MOTD, and it sounds like we'll have a day zero patch for it shortly after the initial release patch.

We also headed back to the rise and uncovered more of its secrets. The blink-up exploit is patched, and a legitimate method of getting to the new expansion section has been added. We were able to uncover one of the three (?) new buffs there, and they seem like a great concept.

Tested public vendors as well and was still limited to 10 buy or 10 sell orders. (Tested in Kingsport and Etceter)

Here's the full section of our QA testing for anyone who is interested; we tested several more small things for changes. It's turning into a lot of fun, running around and testing these things on QA. A big thanks to everyone that helped, and everyone who joined the party for some adventuring!

Wilfred, FrostII, Time Lord and 9 others like this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I didn't know there was a lich room in The Rise to begin with lol

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Wizardsmoke has already done his magic on that bug. This is the first time salvage yielded something that could also be salvaged. His Kung Fu was strong. Not sure if it'll patch in with main patch or immediately after, but it'll be a quick one right after since it's ready. Fun thing is, this will open up more concepts going forward for rare stuff popping up in salvage as well. "Hmmmm, this Rusty Sword... wait a minute... a little polish here, scrap off those cobwebs, this is a Super Duper Sword of Colossal Creamy Super Powerness!"

Wilfred, Vaiden Luro, Anpu and 5 others like this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

And thanks again @Coswald_Dirthmire for the heads up on the bug as well as your hard work on your streams and videos -- much appreciated! :)

Wilfred, Anpu, Margaritte and 5 others like this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

[​IMG]

And here is another of the buffs!

Anpu, Coswald_Dirthmire and Time Lord like this.
  7. Coswald_Dirthmire

And the last of them:
    [​IMG]

Anpu, Vaiden Luro and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh my God, I need that last one! How did you get into it?

9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

So now the highest DPS in the game can get even higher? Interesting!

10. Coswald_Dirthmire

For what it's worth a fully loaded out fire mage lost 50 attunement on this patch, and lost fire speed on the Embers wand. There were big big fire nerfs today.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Coswald_Dirthmire

12. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I am one of those fire mages that got nerfed but I am not complaining. The critical buff is not as good as you think it is if you read it probably, it better to get the more difficult to get buff the damage avoidance buff is my preference.

13. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Probably it's still the biggest DPS in the game. We may find out next time Chris talks about DPS on stream.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And if it still is, and if it still outclasses everyone by a landslide, they probably will get hit again.

They are working on things, and guess what, Chris just tweeted that he was gonna lower Air Shield cost and reduce the frequency of Torpid cast from mobs today, he is listening, and he is trying to balance things.

Can you not see the amazing direction change they took in the past few months? Can you not just give them the time to adjust things? The next 2 releases are supposed to change tons of things that will help the balance of things.

In my case, R89 has been the best release of all time yet, and I've been grouping up a lot more thanks to this release, as I need a party to help me through my air shield dispells, and the Rises new section is HARD but not 1 shot everytime hard.

Devilcult is hard at the UI fixes, Elgarion is hard at balancing all the different systems ( he already did food and now is working on artifacts, and he was telling us how he would like to fix the potions. Meanwhile the rest of the team seem to be so much more motivated and it shows.

I understand it's been rough, but they are turning themselves around, and I think they truly deserve this chance to prove themselves once again! (Heck I'm even happy about Bzus's work, which I have been the main aggressor against).

You don't need to, but I think you might enjoy the game a bit more if you do.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Look, I'm doing my best to take these changes in stride. But please stop telling me I'll totally like pineapple on a pizza if I'd just try it. I have, and I still don't.

FBohler likes this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Fine, it's removed! Have a good day!

17. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

On a Sicilian pizza if you add bacon to the pineapple, it's bearable IMHO.. but if you remove the pineapple and just go bacon, it's even better ;)

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Jeez, go yell at Michael some more, if you want a fight. I'm really not trying to start an argument with you.

FBohler likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: My favorite!

Here in Thailand it's very difficult to find a pizza without pineapple on it. I think it's positively sinful, but... :eek: my Thai wife loves it, while I do my best picking it off mine to place on hers"
    Pineapple on pizza, ช่างเป็นความคิดที่น่ากลัว :confused:~TL~

Elgarion likes this.
  20. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Gotta love when some people try to teach you how to enjoy the game lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.