Today's news.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rat2, Feb 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yup....

Cordelayne, StarLord and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Gold Armor and Gold Greenhouses :D I will accept more digital rewards :D:thumbs up:
    Did we really expect any more from that? I didn't ;)~TL~

[​IMG]

4. SheldonCooper

SheldonCooper Avatar

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, at least give me something fun to make up for it.

6. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I always thought that those Gold Armors look more like a fine example of "Gilt by Association" (Xanth reference)

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Is the issue Seed investors invested in Portalarium and there has been zero update on the technical status of that investment?

In my naivety, does this not mean the investment carries over if they sold to Catnip?

Is sole private ownership of this project inhibitive?
    Should maybe have used Blockchain or NFT's from the start to handle ownership/governance and community investment! the project would have been in A1 position to receive interest from the whole 'Metaverse' concept...the world concept is perfect and there's a lot of land available. Growth people growth!

:D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The investment was in Portalarium (a company), not Shroud of the Avatar (a game). All Shroud of the Avatar assets were sold to Catnip.

Time Lord and craftymethod like this.
  9. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Above my pay grade... :eek:

Did seed investors have any part ownership of assets or just Port in name only?

In the age of digital asset tangibility did people really value the dev company more than the virtual assets/world they were building?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Back when I was young, stocks in local stores were similar, where it was not a trade investment that the investment was meant to be, but an investment where the community surrounding what was built with the investment funds, thus grew the community, which was it's actual dividend and worth.

These, like those types of shares, were not voting shares. But also similar to those shares, no matter where the money was spent or sent, the thing it helped create, remains with it's stock holders, those stock holders that still enjoy our world. If any investor is not still playing our game, then they are loosing what profits they could be having, which is the enjoyment of what our investment money helped create.

If you buy a Ferrari and never drive it, it is not apreciating in value due to the need of constant maintanence costs. Our game is no different, we stock holders liked the investment then, and now it's allot more than when we bought into it.

We invested in the local store to grow our community and our community has grown through that investment. Check out all other Seedinvest stocks and you will see that our pixels have grown and that's allot more than most of those stocks have returned to their holders. AND, if you sold your stock holder rewards, then you sold the only things in our game which are truly rare and gaining value as rare items which are not sold as "heritage items" in our COTO store.

How virtual reality pixels have value and what value that value is has always been an issue which has followed the spirit of Ultima since Ultima Online.

What did we invest in? ..."Pixels"... What do we still have ..."Even more Pixels than we had when we invested"... In this way, our stock value has risen and continues to rise, because this type of stock, in every stock sold by Seedinvest, has yet to see an actual sell price sold for profit, that I know of. AND, if someone/anyone knows of a single company from Seedinvest that has been sold for investor profit, it is surely not in the majority and quite possible the only one, if any has ever made money.

Catnip is the very best thing that could have ever been done with our investment, even though we may not own any stocks in Catnip, because our stocks have grown because of it, and I'm refering to our virtual profits which have been growing every day. No other Seedinvest investments show such large actual profits. Like a bank, Catnip keeps what we invested in, growing in the best of hands.

~Time Lord~ aka ~stock holder~

[​IMG]
    Unlike most Seedinvest stocks :cool:
    ~Our investment has grown~

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  11. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Our SeedInvest stocks are worthless. We didn't invest in a game, we invested into a company that was producing the game. Then the game, the IP of the company, was given away to a friend of the company. Speculating in pixels is different than investing in a company. Maybe your pixels will be valuable to someone some day, maybe not. What was the last thing that you saw when they shut the servers down on "Tabula Rosa"? A black screen. All of the pixels were worthless. Companies have rules for taking on investors and I don't believe they were followed.

FBohler and ephialtes like this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I didnt become a seed investor but rather backed the game itself not the company per say. but I do agree that it would be nice for the seed investors if there investment is no more to get something beyond the assets in game they got to perhaps give them more value. but thats just my view as a nice gesture from Catnip :)

13. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Seedinvestors were buying shares not digital things. I would have hoped for end to the investment by disclosing no revenue and no prospects for revenue by Port. Very sad, in my view. If Port was planning on selling only digital stuff they should have sold pledges - not shares. But this is not Catnip’s debt.

Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and StarLord like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Did you really think this would be a day trade stock?

Portalatium and Catnip are not exactly seperated. No one knows the all the sales contract agreement, but we can assume that the sale freed Catnip of some promises made by Portalarium, such as reproducing rare items and calling those newly sold "heritage items". It's also easily assumable that future direction and content is not forced to follow what was once our gaming future's cannon.

I think it's safe to say that Portalarium still has obligations to Catnip which those stocks help support. If Portalarium creates another game or gaming portal, then we could see other surrogate games spwned by Portalarium, be sold and with continuing Portalaium support in this same manner.

At this point I do not see any foul. No other Seedinvest stocks have seen profit, and to single out ours and say we were somehow slighted does not hold true by contrast.

Portalarium also has the potential of being re-energized well into the future, but currently not providing any further information to the Seedinvest company.

We did not invest in a finished company, we invested in it's seed, becoming it's seed money. I would venture to say that it was enough money to build on through providing paycheck to either current employees, future employees or fund to begin a Portalarium new game start-up venture.

We just don't truly know and it's likely they do not truly know what the future holds for Portalarium, until that opportunity once more presents itself as it did with SOTA.

A Gaming Portal to other worlds was once mentioned as a company description of and by Portalarium and I would think what I have described here fits their name's intent, which would have times like these.

I do understand that these "are" money value shares, yet until there are ways of trading them as if they were shares on the NASDAQ or the company itself being purchased by another company, then there's nothing that has changed.

They sold a game to Catnip, and if Portalarium develops another game, they will likely sell that one too, adding to the posibility of developing a gaming portal as their namesake suggests.
    ~Time Lord~

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Based on threads elsewhere, I believe the main point of contention is that by no longer reporting and not legally dissolving the company, Portalarium is making it more difficult for those who invested to claim the loss on their taxes. Which, if true, is a bit of a Richard move, in more ways than one.

16. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Companies need not file anything for a taxpayer (in the US) to report as 'worthless' an investment.

In order to declare an investment as 'worthless' a taxpayer files IRS Form No. 8949, indicating an investment is worthless by literally writing Worthless in the proper column of Form 8949.

Doing so, as I understand it, allows for the taxpayer to treat the security as having been sold, on the last day of the tax year, for no consideration. Thus, the loss can be realized to offset other investment income as per the IRC. Consult your tax attorney for all tax counsel, please. This is just one avatar's understanding.

17. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Locking this thread now. For more information on Seedinvest, please reach out to them. Catnip staff cannot provide any addition information on this topic.

18. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Guys, I'll try to make a post on this tomorrow.

Cordelayne, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  19. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I'll talk about this on the Friday stream vs post something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.