Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

ToggleCameraLook & the Potential for SotA's Control System

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Crazy Phil, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

ToggleCameraLook?! Has this binding always been here?

Since aiming seems to work already when camera-look is toggled on (combat, npcs, items, etc), this option has given my middle finger a nice break and makes Free Attack even more fun!

All I need now is the option to re-bind Right Mouse Button and perhaps a little cross-hair to appear like this one during camera-look: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sota-combat-ui-of-the-future.33823/

If toggling camera-look also closed all unpinned UI elements... oh my goodness. ;)

Loving R20!! :D

KuBaTRiZeS, docdoom77, Spoon and 3 others like this.
  2. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Spoon likes this.
  3. Cathan

Cathan Avatar

I like the ToggleCameraLook because holding down the right mouse button is awkward for me. And it lends incredible smoothness to moving around! It was like I was playing the game for the first time all over again!

ALSO, it fixes an issue I have with mouselook on my Mac, more info on that issue tomorrow.

Now, the only problem with ToggleCameraLook is that I can't click on anything. I changed the key mapping for it from Ctrl-M (impossible finger-twister if I'm using the mouse), to Ctrl-W which is fast and easy to hit, since I have to hit it a lot.

So we obviously need access to the cursor in this mode (not all the time!)... Can you make it so we hold down Ctrl to get a cursor (as a fix only while using ToggleCamera Look)? It doesn't have to turn off the camera look, just make the cursor work (also so I can alt tab out to the browser). Thoughts anyone?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    KuBaTRiZeS, docdoom77 and Crazy Phil like this.
  4. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

When you say you can't click on anything, the only times I ever need to toggle out of Camera Look is when I've done something like spoken to a banker or other NPC, opened a corpse, harvested a resource node, or decided to decorate my home. Just about everything is clickable by using the center of the screen to target like a crosshair, then double-clicking as if your mouse was there. I apologize if you were already aware of this and I misunderstood your post.

I fortunately have a button on my mouse right below the scroll wheel that is perfect for this. I definitely prefer to toggle on rather than hold a button. If I didn't have this button, I'd probably use Tab since Tab was used as "toggle combat mode" in Ultima Online and feels natural to me.

Eventually, I'd love to turn right mouse into an action button. Free Attack and Off-hand Attack! ...or perhaps Free Attack and Free Parry/Block? ;)

Lady Cathan, KuBaTRiZeS and docdoom77 like this.
  5. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Are you serious? I can interact with the environment without switching back to pointer mode? Please tell me this is not a joke.

KuBaTRiZeS and Crazy Phil like this.
  6. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Not a joke. :)

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.